Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » New Orleans Class (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New Orleans Class
The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, ok, I'm more or less convinced there is a third impulse engine. So I'll model one, and change the pods to grey at the back.

But hey! I didn't miss everything. There is one fairly significant error with this N.O. Not my fault, just of lack of info from old reference pics. No-one here has spotted it yet though...

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would that be the lack of a secondary hull ventral undercut, the absence of shuttlebays 2 & 3 on the neck (which would be just cargo bays at this scale), or that your mesh doesn't reflect the fact that the 10-Forward windows seam to have become the backup deflector while the Galaxy's backup is just a group of windows on the Kyushu? [Razz]

I could also point out that there should be an apparent separation plate even though the ship probably doesn't separate, that the window and escape pod hatch patterns aren't quite right, that the bridge module is a custom job and is not identical to the Galaxy's, that there are supposed to be phaser arrays on the pylons and that there should be a pair of transport emitters on the underside of the saucer, flanking the forward tip of the neck (plus one more under each of the saucer's impulse engines, one on each pylon and a pair flanking the lowermost pod)....but that would be nitpicking [Wink]

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeez, rip it apart why don't you! [Mad]

Lol, but no, you still haven't identified it. It's simply the fact that on the Kyushu photos you can see that the back of the saucer runs smooth and flush into the neck. My N.O saucer is continuous at the back, and the neck is separate. Not that I knew this when I modelled it...

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually I did spot that [Razz]

"...there should be an apparent separation plate..."

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe the two pods come into play when the saucer section is separated? Sort of a precursor to the Prometheus?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps