Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Long ships with a long bit in the middle (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Long ships with a long bit in the middle
Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ships with a long thing eh? Hmm, the only ship I can think of that hasn't been posted yet is the Xiytiar transport from the X-Wing Alliance game.

-

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

There's the Dreadnought too.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May have another for you. The Proteus from the Lost In Space movie of 1998. Seemed to be very Discovery-esque. I don't recall seeing a clear long distance shot of the ship in profile, but there was a tracking shot as the Jupiter 2 zoomed to safety. I just did a cursory Google image search to no avail, but if completeness is what you crave, it bears consideration. (Can't condone anyone sitting through the film, however)
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two words, Balaam -- "Lacey. Chabert." Woot. And of course Gary Oldman always rocks as a scenery-chewing, over-emoting villain, but i mainly watch it for the chicks. [Big Grin]

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here we go again with the friggin barely legals. The flare forum is stuck in a Tyken's Rift of lechery. I don't want to contemplate who or what we need to explode to shake loose, but if we don't then by the end of the year we'll be a squirming, writhing mound of biomass, blacklisted and unable to get gigs in this town again.
HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked the Lost in Space movie.

For that matter, I liked Fantastic Four, too. Both aren't high-brow drama, but they were fun movies.

TPTB should have left the Bird of Prey and Kruge as Romulan villians (and equipment) as originally envisioned for Star Trek III. Klingons and cloaking device don't mix. Klingons are warriors, they don't go sneaking around cloaked. It's cowardly, all this hiding.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim:
Here we go again with the friggin barely legals. The flare forum is stuck in a Tyken's Rift of lechery. I don't want to contemplate who or what we need to explode to shake loose, but if we don't then by the end of the year we'll be a squirming, writhing mound of biomass, blacklisted and unable to get gigs in this town again.

Plus one of us might end up on Dateline NBC.

Lost in Space wasn't bad, it just wasn't really a thinking man's movie.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is true, yes, that anyone who would overlook the splendiferousness of Heather Graham (and, indeed, Mimi Rogers), in favour of the prepubescent Chabert, is a potential nonce and would bear watching.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooops.... posted the reply about the cloak in the wrong topic....
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watch it, Lee. She was, like, 16 when she did LiS. [Razz] And I was trying for subtle ironic humour based on our Foley discussion elsewhere. I thought you European types did irony...

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(FYI one major issue with LiS is those hibernation suits (or whatever) made the breasts of the girls with boobs (i.e. Mimi and Heather) look all wonky)
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was going to point out that 16 is neither prepubescent, nor legal (barely or otherwise) in most of the US. However, I decided I ought to fact-check that, and it turns out that it is legal in most of the US. So, I guess... rock on?
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I mainly watch it for the chicks". Damn but it is subtle.

Tis as if upon reading it, I was layne on a bed of goslings' down, fleeting and floating into the great beyond, then gently dropped off at the shore of lake irony, whose singlemost drops I could scarcely taste without instantly being gripped by the fiercest lockjaw. I then stripped down to my barest bones, proceeding to scrub every inch of my body with the wet sand encircling the shore, that I may shed myself at last of this antiquated humour mastering my countenance, in the hopes I could one day grasp but the barest iota of the spring steel irony making out the gist of Peregrinus' post - signed, as it was, Orbo Novo.

-
How about the Saratoga from "S:AaB", Lurker? It's long and I'll be damned if the middle isn't long as well.

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

Wow. I've been zinged. I'm going to slink off and lick my wounds now...

--Jonah

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps