Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » BSG 3x06 "Torn" $$$ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: BSG 3x06 "Torn" $$$
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Doesn't the Raptor have it's own jump drive?"

Remember that the Cylons are capable of jumping much farther and more accurate than the Colonials -- I think its just as much a result of more accurate computing and more advanced tech on part of the Colonials. I don't think the Raptor could've made it without being a passenger on the Basestar.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Plus I don't think the Cylons especially want Baltar to go jumping on his own. Short leash and all that.

As far as the technology goes, who's to say that the technology that brought the tribes from Kobol to Earth & the other colonies was theirs to begin with? It's more likely the "Star Gallion" or whatever it wa scalled belonged to the Lords of Kobol, whom/what ever they really were. And has already been mentioned, the Cylon war itself is going to have an impact on how much "high-tech" (read automated) gadgets are going to be in use.
Doubtless there was a cultural backlash against automation that set the general use of machines back quite a bit. Indeed in the Miniseries they only just seam to be complacent enough to start using intigrated systems again.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How very Dune...

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That probe looked to me like a cross between Nomad and the Valiant's recorder beacon. I'm a bit suprised that they didn't destroy the infected Basestar.

It was a bit creepy looking seeing all those Raiders' prongs sticking out of their berths.

Did anyone make out what the other suggestions for Athena's callsign were? The only one that I can remember was "Chrome Dome" (I think).

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's baseSHIP, no? BattleSTAR, baseSHIP.

I'm still missing chunks of season 2, but has the interior of the baseship changed? Were corridors like this before? I remember in season 1 Boomer was infiltrating away, and the place looked more like the Gigered terraformer set from "Aliens" than these antiseptic corridors...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No? I've seen it both ways, but mostly Basestar.

As for the interior, weren't they just in the hangar area before? Sure it looks a lot different, but there's no reason it should look the same as the corridors and control center.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by B.J.:
That probe looked to me like a cross between Nomad and the Valiant's recorder beacon.

B.J. you read my mind. When I saw the probe I said to myself, "Is that a Trek reference?". It could be considering that Moore worked on TNG.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Aye, but has it been called "Basestar" in dialogue, in either series? In this episode, it was definitely called "Baseship" by the Cylons, and I can recall the same from the recent Exodus battle dialogue.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the other suggestions for Sharon sounded like "Digital K" or something to that effect.
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm pretty sure it was Basestar in the original series. I was just wondering the same thing about whether they'd changed it.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

As for the interior, weren't they just in the hangar area before? Sure it looks a lot different, but there's no reason it should look the same as the corridors and control center.

Those were the docking bays and if you watch where Baltar's Raptor landed, it did indeed still look all soft an gooey in the hanger.
As for the black corridors and funky disco command centre, I imaging that is just in the central core of the ship, between the the dorsal and ventral halves. I think this episode had a closeup of that bit and you could see it was the only area with windows.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've only heard "baseship" in this series.
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

Yeah, I rewatched it last night, and they do say "baseship" several times.

I also caught a couple more callsign suggestions - "Toaster Chick" and my personal favorite, "Titania".

FawnDoo
Member # 1421

- posted      Profile for FawnDoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd have to rewatch but I think they might be referred to as Basestars on the DRADIS displays: I think the second part of "Lay Down Your Burdens" would be the best bet, when the Pegasus picks up the Cylons jumping into the nebula. I might be wrong though - can always check.

--------------------
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

They are! These are from Exodus Pt.2:
DRADIS Galactica 1
DRADIS Galactica 2
DRADIS Pegasus

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps