Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » And so it begins... Again... (Page 6)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: And so it begins... Again...
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My God, Andrew! THat's the most horible, disgusting thing I've EVER seen you type in all the years you've been here. Tell me you did NOT write that on purpose!

I'm not a big fan at all of shoehorning older actors into periods earlier in time for the sake of a story set earlier on than their last appearance. However old Michael O'Hare is now, he most certainly can't play Sinclair as he was in the first season or even in the third. At best, he could do a story as Valen later on in his life. However, I don't see a human-less production like that ever being made.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Catherine is supposed to be there, no? so not exactly humanless.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What? Where did THAT come from?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think it was specifically mentioned anywhere that she was sent 1000 years into the past. However the pieces are there if you know where to look.

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That she disappeared soon after Sinclair left...but then how....?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

I don't want to spoil too much, but there are clues in "To Dream in the City of Sorrows", "In Valen's Name" and one or two fleeting mentions in a couple of actual B5 episodes. I forget which exactly, one might be "atonement" but don't quote me on that.

--------------------

Shik
Member # 343

I'll have to go watch them again. You remember which others there are & I'll take a look. All I remember is Garibaldi telling Lise about the last time he was in the Fresh Air restaurant was with Sinclair & Sakai, & she disappeared soon after he went to Minbar.

EDIT: ...Oh. Those are novels. So, it really WASN'T implied.

[ May 02, 2007, 04:31 PM: Message edited by: Shik ]

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

City of Sorrows was written by JMS's other half and is one of those he considers canon, same goes for Valen's name apparently.

The mention in "atonement" is fleeting, but it's near the end where Delen mentions a scandal involving Valen's FAMILY that forced them all to leave Mimbar. What kind of scandal would force a messiah's children out of their home? Try having an alien mother.

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Scroll down for new video clips of Lost Tales!

[EDIT] - Never mind, just spotted the new thread!

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Some more clips for the 3 of us that give a monkey's.
A small brown cat.
Sock puppets.
And...
Where the sock puppets live.

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Oh and they've revamped the official site.

Trailer is "coming soon" apparantly.

--------------------

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And we have a date for the release, too! (I hadn't seen mention of it before, anyway.) July 31. Woo!

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

And the trailer is up.
Fantastic looking Starfury action...but then it is done by the same folks as BSG.
Oh and a "new" Mimbari cruiser.
If trailers are a good measure of quality (and they're not) then it looks like classic B5 - ala Season 3/4.

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Ok, this is becoming a one man thread, but I thought this was worth sharing. It appeared on Youtube a couple days ago and looks like part of the opening titles to the DVD. Seams as though G'Kar isn't as dead as we thought he was.

Also found a pair of Warlock-Class Destroyers getting their arses kicked , Mr Bruce Boxleitner's stand in and why the mimbari are a dying race.

Enjoy.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Andreas Katsulas may be dead, but, since we already know how and when G'Kar dies, if this is set before that time, then, yeah, G'Kar would be alive. He just won't have much of a role in the story, one assumes.
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps