Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Torchwood.... (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Torchwood....
StationMaster
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for StationMaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FawnDoo:

What Russell Davies said was that Torchwood would be "...the X Files meets This Life."

Okay - swallow my words on that..... Somehow my brain must have interpreted This Life as That's Life.... Oddly in my view, that is how some of the series ended up.

Please, don't get me wrong. Some eps were watchable, and when it comes to the last two eps.... fair play to them, pretty much as I said in my reviews.
But the series smacks of unprofessionalism. The props, the acting, the stories, the cgi.
For a quirky British Sci Fi show, it is acceptable. But pit it against the many sci fi shows out there....
I watched it with baited breath, all the way through, and lord forbid, I will probably end up watching season two.
But it is not must own TV... it is filling a void TV.

But these are just my humble opinions.....
Maybe someone will taken these on board for season 2....

--------------------
---- AAARRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!----

I feel better now.

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FawnDoo:

BTW for anyone wanting a look at the level of insightful journalism employed by the staff at That's Life! check out this video on YouTube. Responding to a viewer complaining about uneven paving stones (oh yes) the intrepid team of reporters got to work and...sent a washed up actress down the street in a low-cut dress with two jellies in her hands to check the "wobble" factor. Did I mention she was in a wheelbarrow at the time? Pulitzer's in the post, Rantzen.

Ooh, it's Cleo! Somehow she actually manages to look quite dignified while sitting in a wheelbarrow holding jellies.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps