Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » And Megatron will be voiced by... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: And Megatron will be voiced by...
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Naraku is voiced by PAUL Dobson, Mike's younger brother. I know Michael and his other younger brother, Brian, well. I think I've already posted this... But here's a pic of them plus Scott McNeil and Kirby Morrow with myself and my improv comedy team, when we were performing together at a comic show last year:

-

And here we all are a few seconds later, just before we were crushed by a falling air conditioning unit:

-

Great people, all. Though believe it or not, they all sound like regular people when not in the booth. [Wink]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um, care to be a bit more specific about who's who in that picture? (You're the one with the cowboy hat, right? [Big Grin] )
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interestingly enough, IMDb lists Welker as Meggie, not Weaving.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Front row, second from right.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup. Full cast listing, left to right, including Stagate references:

Top row: Voice actor Scott McNeil (possessed townsfolk in "Nightwalkers" and the evil Kefflin in "Company of Thieves"); voice actor Kirby Morrow (the helmsman of the Daedalus in Atlantis and a free Jaffa in "The Warrior"); voice actor Brian Dobson (the voice of practically every male person sho dies on Stargate); improv performers Will Wood and Dan Ross.

Bottom row: Performer Brendan Dery; voice actor Michael Dobson (Jaffa guard in "The Serpent's Lair"); me; performer Mark Leonard.

At this year's comic show, it's us again plus Trevor Devall (Mu La Flaga in Gundam SEED, and the Asgard Hermiod on the Daedalus), Brad Swaile (Quatre in Gundam Wing), and Tiffany Grant (Asuka in Evangelion). We also hope to get Robert Picardo on stage for our show - we know he's an improv guy.

Anwyay, since we're clearly straying, here's a pic I use on the board I run...

-

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y'know, I've always wanted to be a VA...

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two new trailers are available here:
http://media.movies.ign.com/media/568/568421/vids_1.html

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

A new trailer is up at Yahoo. Sweeeeeeet. I'm SO looking forward to seeing this! They've even got a bit of the original cartoon's transforming sound in there!
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Megatron looks like ass- Really nothing like the prior incarnations and the face is...inhuman.
No real humanoid features from what I can see (making character bonding difficult in a bad guy).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That yellow Transformer(the kid's car), is that supposed to be bumblebee?
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reverend:
quote:
Perhaps a break with convention and give hime an onscreen cameo?
Break with convention, like Stan *CoughBusdriverPedestrianHotdogvendorZambonisalesman* Lee?
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We know from the trailors that at least some of the TFs have holographic/robotic drivers/pilots to blend in better. I'm still not clear on what Megs' alt-form in the movie is (if he even has one), but it would be a nice tip of the hat to see Welker driving/piloting Megs.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim:
Reverend:
quote:
Perhaps a break with convention and give hime an onscreen cameo?
Break with convention, like Stan *CoughBusdriverPedestrianHotdogvendorZambonisalesman* Lee?
I think what I meant was to actually have the bloke on screen. With all the movies, tv shows etc. that he's leant his voice to, I'm not sure if he's ever been in front of the cameras.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never watched the cartoon or had the toys. So I have absolutely zero emotional investment in this movie. About the same as I had in Pirates of the Caribbean. So, looks like fun to me!

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You didn't miss much. Like allot of cartoons we might have loved as children it doesn't hold up very well. The movie they did in the 80's wasn't too bad though. It had the odd distinction of being Orson Welles' final performance (or near as damnit.) Also it had Judd Nelson and Leonard Nimoy. Groovey.

I'm sure there's plenty of clips on youtube if you want a giggle.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps