Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Heroes $$$Spoilers$$$ 1x21 (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Heroes $$$Spoilers$$$ 1x21
HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm thinking because the mother's brain was intact, she was normal. As for the father, I don't think it's ever been established. Every power we've seen Sylar use, we either know where he got it (the powers he's gained from existing characters) or know he had it before killing the Walkers (James was frozen mid-bite; I'd like to think he'd have moved if someone'd cut open his skull before freezing him).

Sylar does seem to move around in the shadows a lot (see the scenes in the Burnt Toast Diner), so he might be able to stay shadowed even in the light (which would be a pretty lame ability, but it would have its uses).

I do have to say, I think I prefer Peter's method of power acquisition.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's an interesting idea though. Is it just poor luck for the world that Sylar is a person willing to commit these acts and also happens to have a power that requires them, or is it this power that has, at least in part, made him this way? It's pretty clear on the surface of his character that without this power he would've remained a pathetic nobody, but given the opportunity for absolute power, he becomes corrupted absolutely. I'm just glad they're exploring the territory more and hope they continue to do so.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, I'm not positive I get Sylar correctly, so lemme just ask - His power is to see how things work, right? Which proves that these people who have powers aren't manipulating 'magic' or 'the Force,' they just have almost a savantlike thing, of using physics in a certain way, or else it's just a physical abnormality (like tissue regeneration) right?

And does he eat the brains?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Sylar does seem to move around in the shadows a lot (see the scenes in the Burnt Toast Diner), so he might be able to stay shadowed even in the light (which would be a pretty lame ability, but it would have its uses)."

Well, maybe not so much staying shadowed while in the light, which one would think would just make him stand out more. But he might be able to make himself even harder to see when he is in shadow. After all, if he has Iceman's powers, why not a bit of Nightcrawler's?

(Also, I'm not sure if I've seen a Jonathan Coulton reference here before. Good job.)

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:

Well, maybe not so much staying shadowed while in the light, which one would think would just make him stand out more. But he might be able to make himself even harder to see when he is in shadow. After all, if he has Iceman's powers, why not a bit of Nightcrawler's?

Thus, the "pretty lame power." Though in that scene where he kills that mechanic he also seems darker than everything else.

quote:

(Also, I'm not sure if I've seen a Jonathan Coulton reference here before. Good job.)

What? No! That must be fixed at once! *changes her sig*

--------------------
--R. Buckminster Fuller

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe Sylar took the Father's brain and then practised his new power on the person who previously had the power!?!

Ohhh something a little weird... I wonder if Shanti had a power? The little girl who had the same condition as Shanti has the ability to find people anywhere - isn't that something that Sylar would want beyond anything!?! SO did he get the information from Mohindar's father - then kill him? (We actually don't know if he is REALLY dead - maybe he was just fleeing Eric Roberts or Sylar when he realised what he was.

Also if Sylar and Papa Suresh were 'friendly' in the beginning - why didn't Eden and by extension Bennett and co. know about Sylar then and get him then? Or did they not care - was it only Bennett - who was afraid he would kill Claire?

P.S. I just read one of the earlier comics "Control" (A Matt Parkman story) - it has a snow globe in it!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Maybe Sylar took the Father's brain and then practised his new power on the person who previously had the power!?!

But then, why would he still be posed like he's eating a donut?

quote:

Ohhh something a little weird... I wonder if Shanti had a power? The little girl who had the same condition as Shanti has the ability to find people anywhere - isn't that something that Sylar would want beyond anything!?! SO did he get the information from Mohindar's father - then kill him? (We actually don't know if he is REALLY dead - maybe he was just fleeing Eric Roberts or Sylar when he realised what he was.

The general assumption on Heroes Wiki is that Shanti had a power, but it never had the chance to manifest fully.

quote:
P.S. I just read one of the earlier comics "Control" (A Matt Parkman story) - it has a snow globe in it!
Heh. I did not notice that... Nice.

--------------------
--R. Buckminster Fuller

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Actually, I semi-retract my previous parenthetical statement. I'd forgotten about my own status line.)
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a nice idea that Chandra's still alive, but the vision Sanjog gave Mohinder of Chandra's death(at the hands of Sylar) seems pretty concrete, considering the other vision revealing Shanti's existence was also true.

In the episode, Mohinder's mother emphasises very strongly that Shanti was "special" and not just in the way that every parent considers their child favourably. Shanti's death is also what made Chandra delve so deep into research of evolved humans, so it stands to reason that Shanti was one of them. How else would his initial theory come about?

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder if her abilty was the same as the little girl? Maybe the rare disease goes hand in hand with that power?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the questions that are being overlooked are these:
  • Does Mohindar have a power that he hasn't manifested yet?
  • If his antibodies were the cure for the little girl's disease, was he genetically manipulated to be able to provide the antibodies?
  • Did his father knowingly alter his DNA to provide a cure for his older sister.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And - how? 25-30 years ago? In India? [Razz]
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The "Company" appears to have been around far longer than that and it wouldn't surprise me if they were not the initial cause for the seemingly rapid rise of mutants to begin with.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, we don't know that for certain.
All we really know is that it's been around in it's current form as long as Claire has been alive and probably in some form or another for a number of years before hand.

Their MO dosen't seam to me like they're causing these people to manifest abilities - if anything it looks like they're trying to control them if possible and put them down if they get out of hand.
My own personal suspicion, based on things Linderman, Momma Pertrelli said and the sheer implication's of Hiro's father being involved is that the company was born out of a schizum between the older generation "Heroes" after they became sucessfull (or however Momma pertrelli puts it.) I belive one lot (including Nakamura) decided that the best way to deal with others like them was through control (and possibly the wearing of encounter suits & looking cryptic) and started "The Company". Not sure what the other lot is about - Linderman is on a Ozymandias trip and possibly has a thing for chaos, strength and giant flying spiders.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

That's 'schism.' And it's been established that The Company is under Linderman's control.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps