Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ DW "Last of the Time Lords" [Megaspoilers!] (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: $$ DW "Last of the Time Lords" [Megaspoilers!]
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John Simm was on Richard & Judy(a sort of topical talk show, like Opera, but more shambolic) and seemed open to the idea of returning, so it doesn't seem as though he's been given the impression that his character is dead.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it was interesting the Master could "choose" to regenerate or not. At least that is how it was presented. Has that ever been mentioned before?

Speaking of regeneration choices, I've always operated under the assumption that the Time Lords can influence the body they regenerate into. This explains Ramana's wardrobe show style of regeneration. It works for me. LOL

Hmm.. Simms channeling Tennant? "Takes deep breath and slowly lets it out while pausing after a few words..." Noooooo, I don't think I noticed. LOL

I liked the part with the gun being a diversion. I kept wondering how UNIT and Torchwood would have been able to develop such a weapon without knowing anything about the Doctor to go on. That part was great.

Yes, how does thinking "Doctor" revive the Doctor to his youthful appearance and bestow godlike powers?

Interesting 3 parter. Not as good a story as Blink or Human Nature.

Was this the first 3 parter since the series was revived?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I thought it was interesting the Master could 'choose' to regenerate or not. At least that is how it was presented. Has that ever been mentioned before?"

Well, we know they can regenerate at will even when they're not dying. It's not too much of a stretch to assume that there's a conscious decision involved when they are dying.

Not to mention that the Master ran out of regenerations centuries ago, and has still had at least four bodies since then. Who knows what sort of state his regenerability is in?

FawnDoo
Member # 1421

- posted      Profile for FawnDoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
Not to mention that the Master ran out of regenerations centuries ago, and has still had at least four bodies since then. Who knows what sort of state his regenerability is in?

The Master mentions in the episode that he was resurrected by the Time Lords to fight in the war. Presumably that meant they gave him a new body (at this point I'm tempted to add in an Orson Welles voice "...and new troops to command!" but I will try to restrain myself!) with a whole new set of regenerations.

I saw an interesting thing the other day when I was in Borders flicking through the Doctor Who encylopedia (not sure if it is new, but it seemed to be in the section where they display new books).

It's maybe just a minor plot point about the upcoming Christmas special (so take that as fair warning before you read on!), but they mention why the Titanic was able to breach the console room walls - because the Doctor forgot to reactivate the TARDIS defense fields. It's certainly possible that they were taken offline as he worked to restore the TARDIS to an operational state - the big reset button was pushed in the series 3 finale, but the TARDIS would still presumably have been stuck as a paradox machine and in need of a bit of TLC.

--------------------
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur

mada101
Member # 1285

- posted      Profile for mada101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take it that the American audience hasn't heard who the 'new' companion is going to be in the next season, then? [Wink]

As for the hand with red fingernails, producer RTD has said in an interview that he had no specific character in mind when he wrote that final scene, and only put it in so that future writers/producers could bring The Master back. A shame, really; I was hoping that The Rani would be making a return in next year's finale.

--------------------
'Whether you think you can, or whether you think you can't, you are probably right.'
- Henry Ford

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it was The Master's trophy wife who took the ring. Oh well.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps