Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Random SGA Musings (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Random SGA Musings
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not for everyone, certainly, but worth a look. If you have friend that's into it I'm sure he'll lend you the 1st season on DVD. It's a tricky show to get into because the Pilot movie "The Gathering" isn't great (thought the remastered version is a great improvement) and the show itself takes most of the first season to hit it's stride and you get a vague picture of what's to come.
Once you're into it though, you'll want to see it through.
Whatever you do though, don't watch the "In the Beginning" movie until you've at least gotten though to the 4th season.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
I know I'm going to get flayed raw for this, but...I have never, not once, seen a single minute of Babylon 5.

After season 3's God-awful ending, you're missing nothing.
Seriously: I want those many ours of my life back.

Some honestly great episodes lead up to that shit season ending, but there's zero payoff- probably the lamest, most disapointing hour of television I've ever had the misfortune to watch.
(I've never seen the final episode of Ent, but I hear that's almost as bad)

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
Or even just a SINGLE Nox who didn't find him/herself bound in their value systems. I can't believe EVERY Nox agrees with every OTHER Nox.

Yeah. Same wit the Asgard.
I was really disapointed in Loki- no mischief or evil, just some shaky ethics- biiiig deal.
A low SG1 point, that episode.

It'd be amazing to reveal that the Nox kill off any segment of their population that is deemed a "threat" to their overall culture: possibly explaining their non-interference policy in darker tones.
Or possibly they're all just slackers and pot-heads. [Wink]

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
After season 3's God-awful ending, you're missing nothing.
Seriously: I want those many ours of my life back.

Seriously? Were we watching the same show because for me, everything from mid 3rd season all the way the the end of season 4 was the highlight of the whole series! "Intersections in Real Time" alone is worth waiting nearly 4 years for.

Since there is an uninitiated present I shan't get into spoilers, but seriously, that G'Kar monologue at the end of season 3 is one of the more memorable, by far and the cliffhanger is certainly the most foreboding of them all...well to be fair the show technically only had 2 cliffhangers, still, it was a good'un.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm...baybe I'm being a bit harsh.
For season 4.
It's just the rancid aftertaste of the crappy end to the Shadow storyline that taints my memory.

I do recall enjoying the episode where the EarthGov spin machine twisted all the TV interviews into propaganda. that was nicely handled (if not exactly a suprise).

That whole "free Mars" underground stuff just sucked like an open airlock...but not half so much as the telepaths uprising.
A whole string of episodes that qualify as tranquilizers.

DId I mention that I really liked the build-up to the Shadow's attacks?

See? I'm saying something positive about the show!

But I still laugh derisivly at those hardcore B5 fans that swear the show was somehow superior to DS9, or that DS9 was somehow a "rip-off" of B5.
Then I step on their necks and piss down their throats.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
G'Kar? Gesundheit.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

G'Karmalok.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Hmmm...baybe I'm being a bit harsh.
For season 4.
It's just the rancid aftertaste of the crappy end to the Shadow storyline that taints my memory.

I do recall enjoying the episode where the EarthGov spin machine twisted all the TV interviews into propaganda. that was nicely handled (if not exactly a suprise).

That whole "free Mars" underground stuff just sucked like an open airlock...but not half so much as the telepaths uprising.
A whole string of episodes that qualify as tranquilizers.

DId I mention that I really liked the build-up to the Shadow's attacks?

See? I'm saying something positive about the show!

But I still laugh derisivly at those hardcore B5 fans that swear the show was somehow superior to DS9, or that DS9 was somehow a "rip-off" of B5.
Then I step on their necks and piss down their throats.

I wouldn't say B5 is superior to DS9, neither would I say DS9 is superior to B5. Apples and pears. Superficial similarities aside, they're two very different shows and I really like them both. Put it this way, DS9 is the only Star Trek series for which I have purchased the DVDs and the only series I ever intended to do so.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Mee too (about the DVD's).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps