Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ Heroes 201 "Four Months Later" (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: $$ Heroes 201 "Four Months Later"
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm gonna wait until I can see it again for it to all sink in. Thoughts?

-We sorta figure out how the company is bankrolled. [Smile]

-I can't remember what happened to Parkman's wife...

-Mohinder is THIS close to being recruited to the Stargate Program...

-Hiro's storyline, and what he must do, is pretty danged obvious.

-Hey! That Irish guy with the hat that barely said anything? I wonder if he likes pineapples...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What the hell is up with Nathan? There was that flash in the mirror at the end of a horribly disfigured face. Is Nathan really Nathan? Maybe just hallucinating?

And the "alien" kid at Claire's new school is fucking creepy. I mean, hovering outside her window?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nathan saw a nuclear-exploded Peter in the mirror. Didn't you notice the Stallone-wannabe lip? [Wink]

And the alien kid isn't as creepy as he is intriguing, as he's the first who apparently exhibits an identical power to someone we know, namely flying. Until now, everyone's powers have apparently had unique.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK did anyone else notice that it was Nathan that bumped into Ando when he was brinking Sulu his newspaper? Then Nate calls Mommy-Dearest EEEEEviiil.

• Could Nate be working with the "Phil Laak" dude that offed Sulu?
  • It is starting to look like Hiro will become the Merlin that shapes his Arthur....Takezo Kensei.
  • HRG....is....the employee from HELL. God how I would have loved to do what he did to a few 'Stupid-visers'.
  • What exactly did Maya do to those people?
  • Was Deveaux killed by The Unabomber dude?

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, my friends thought it was Nathan as well, but I must've blinked and missed it. I saw it with a fairly rowdy crowd ("woo! more cheerleaders!"), so I missed the lines whenever anything remotely dramatic happened, but it seemed to live up to the first season.

I agree that Hiro's path seems fairly clear(save the village, get the girl), but Heroes tends to go left when you expect it to go right, so hopefully it won't be so simple.

I'm most interested in how Kaito will survive and who it was that pushed him off. He can't really be dead!

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah what did Maya do? What was it that happened to their eyes? The scene was too dark.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm really wondering what Maya's power is. I've heard that her and Alejandro are linked, so I guess that whenever Alejandro isn't around Maya's power goes berzerk. I wonder maybe its some sort of sonic blast that liquefied their brains?

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The people Maya killed seemed to have blood leaking out of all their headholes, so I would guess she does something that causes major internal hemorrhaging, which kills them.

Interesting that Nathan was nearby during the appearance of both of the death-threat photos. Especially since the killer is apparently someone who can fall off a building and not splatter on the ground. Naturally, since this solution is so obvious, it's going to have to be someone else.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the alternate future episode, President Sylar says that there was a kid in South America who could essentially create vacuums. Could Maya be this kid?
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Actually, I could have swore that when Kaito and the killer fell, there were two splats on the ground when Ando first looked, then when it panned to him and then back to the ground, there was one splat.

--------------------

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The graphic novels reveal what Maya or Alejandro's power is(they seem to imply both have the same power, but it's not explicit) and it's not pretty.

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One question. How the hell could Nate have survived that blast? Peter I understand, he can regenerate, but Nate? He should be radioactive dust.

Ok, two questions; what happened to the election? is he in office and acting crazy, or did he resign? I forget what happened in the previous episode.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

quote:
Originally posted by Johnny:
The graphic novels reveal what Maya or Alejandro's power is(they seem to imply both have the same power, but it's not explicit) and it's not pretty.

$$$$$Spoiler Alert!$$$$$$$

Correct me if I am wrong, but the comic seems to indicate that they can inflict some sort of virus on people, right?

Johnny
Member # 878

^ Yep, so I wonder what'll happen when they get to NY? They'll probably develop the ability to switch the power on and off eventually, but in the meantime there'll be people dropping dead everywhere they go.

quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
One question. How the hell could Nate have survived that blast? Peter I understand, he can regenerate, but Nate? He should be radioactive dust.

Ok, two questions; what happened to the election? is he in office and acting crazy, or did he resign? I forget what happened in the previous episode.

I just assumed Nathan sort of threw Peter once they got quite high in the air and flew away before the explosion. I'm more confused about why they all thought Peter would die and why they now think he's dead. Angela of all people should be able to appreciate that if a shard of glass in his brain didn't kill him, an explosion shouldn't either.

Hopefully in the next episode we'll find out what happened after the explosion, but it doesn't seem like Nathan's still senator.

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm hoping we'll get a flashback to the seconds before the explosion. Nathan seemed to think that he was going to die when he carried Peter off. I imagine it as Peter pushing himself out of Nathan's grasp before he popped and Nathan flying to a safe distance.

It's obvious Nathan's pretty screwed up emotionally. He probably resigned as Senator shortly after he won.

Mohinder's talking about a virus that's within all the special people. If Maya and Alejandro's power is related to a virus, perhaps it's the same virus and they have the ability to mutate it and speed it up so that it can infect and kill normal people. I think Alejandro has the power to block Maya's power, or maybe everyone's powers. Or at least in some way enhance her control of it.

I don't think the guy who killed Hiro's dad is anyone we've seen before. He knew who it was and hinted that he was part of the original group. I do think it's the same scary guy that the little girl is dreaming about.

So how did Peter end up handcuffed in a crate? And where did his necklace come from? Someone obviously knew he wasn't dead.

And how in the world is the Bennett family going along with this relocation thing? I didn't think they remembered anything. Did HRG explain everything to them? Or did they just pack up and move after their house burned down... and then change their name?

I'm definitely jazzed about the new season. I hope they tie in the eclipse we saw at the beginning of Hiro's story to something happening in that time. I hope they don't just forget about it.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps