Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ Heroes 201 "Four Months Later" (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: $$ Heroes 201 "Four Months Later"
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, that guy who "looks" at Molly sure sounds creepy, especially with dream she keeps having about the eyes staring back with the symbol in between them.
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was under the impression that Claire didn't really feel pain - she burned her hands pulling a thing out of the oven and just sort of hissed (but it looked more like an Oh-shit expression on her face than an Ouch-that-hurt expression), and she never did more than groan a little when she fell off of buildings or whatever...but when she did that back-*tuck* off the tower, and broke her leg, she really cried out, dinshe?

Also, if Sulu, the Petrellis, Linderman, et al were the Company indeed, then the guy I'm calling Midas has now confirmed that they all had powers.

And finally, I'm with Parkman on this - his using his telepathy to pass the detective's exam is nothing like cheating. A baseball player has talent; so does he. Or you can look at it another way - he can really help people, with his power. If you don't mind him doing it to REALLY help, why would you mind him using it to PRETNED to help, in the context of a test constructed to see whether he'd be allowed to REALLY help?

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the test she was referring to was the written test. She mentioned something about pulling the answers out of people's heads. Though, I suppose what he gleaned from the actors on the training course could have been considered "answers".

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Arguably, since the point of either test is to garner visual clues from the situation or your personal experience in order to solve the puzzle/shoot the bad guy, rather than "read their minds," he did cheat, but, like, if I had psychic powers I sure wouldn't care. ((Then ultimately I would have to be destroyed by a terrified populace.)) Also it depends on what you think the tests are actually testing for.)

I was a little excited when I heard Dominic Keating was going to be on the show this season, but that was not a very convincing Irish accent, even by the standards of TV Irish accents.

Ah, well, we'll always have Kristen Bell.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was that Dominic? I didn't notice. But yeah, if it didn't *say* Cork County, Ireland, I wouldn't even have known that accent was supposed to be Irish for the first few minutes...

Hey Mark, I just remembered, what did you mean about Mohinder being recruited for the SG program? I missed the joke...

And yeah, I noticed Nathan bump into Ando when he was giving the newspaper to Mr Nakamura, and he came in the door where the second death-note was left. Maybe he *is* working for 'them.'

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dominic Keating barely spoke in this episode, I don't think. His face was mostly obscured by a hat.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, but what he did say equalled suren I be Oirish, lad.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hey Mark, I just remembered, what did you mean about Mohinder being recruited for the SG program? I missed the joke...
Mohinder starts off the episode trying to convince a room full of people about amaxing tales of superhuman fancy flights. Not unlike how a certain Doctor Jackson did about ancient Egyptian aliens... Only difference is that Daniel is recuited by a serene old German woman; Mohinder meets up awith a fat bald guy.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(apostrophe key doesnt work on this comp; massive apologies to all)

Liked the episode. Im betting that Angelos power is more along the lines of the Haitians; that is, he can block other peoples powers.

Also, that was Dom Keating, what?

Other thoughts, as posted on my LJ several days ago:

Got off to a slow start--in fact, was really slow throughout, but after HTSAEM, you'd kind of have to expect that. I was glad to see more of Maya and Alejandro--their story in the GN last week piqued my interest.

*squees at Matt Parkman* Oh, I love him I love him I love him. Especially with Molly, poor thing. And he got his badge!

So, what happened to Matt's wife and unborn baby, anyway? No mention except that we know he's getting divorced.

Interesting development with Nathan. He's a lot less dickish now, and someone had to tell Angela to stuff it.

And Hiro and Kensei--love the banter between them. Kept thinking of ST: First Contact.

Claire... well, I can't say I like her more, but she's less annoying. Reminds me a bit too strongly of a whole lot of people I know for me to really be unbiased, though--that's just a function of her character.

OMG, they offed Kaito! Question is, who's "they"?

As for Peter. I'm not a fan of the "amnesia" angle, especially since amnesia is so poorly done on TV, but I can't get over the image of him being surprised and amazed by his own TK.

Still nowhere near "Godsend," "Unexpected," "Company Man," or "Five Years Gone," but still good.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps