Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Writers Strike (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Writers Strike
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The sad part is that I know a couple of girls that would go absolutely bananas for those towels.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*sigh* I just hope Heroes and Atlantis aren't ruined by this for good. I've just started watching Firefly which proves that the best sf ever can get canceled easily by the winds of stupidity.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Atlantis won't get affected by the strike... Filmed in Canada, Canadian crew, Canadian writers. Besides, the entirety of the season has been shot, everything's in post-production now. Depending on how long the strike lasts, season five might get postponed for solidarity reasons...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eh. Well then...Did I *dream* them saying it was the last episode of 2007? I could have sworn, in the 'scenes of the next episode' bit at the end, they said "In the last episode of Atlantis in 2007..."

(I knew it was filmed in Canada; but I thought it was owned by SciFi Channel, which I assumed meant it used American writers. Wrong?)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Atlantis has always had its seasons split into two chunks. SG-1 too, though maybe not always? And Galactica. In theory at least (or so I thought I'd been told) it's to skirt the edges of broadcast television seasons, freeing up more potential viewers.

But even if they didn't do that, and even if there wasn't a strike, most shows be just about to go on hiatus for the holidays anyway. There isn't much 2007 left.

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Well, I never really watched TV until the past few months. I watched Atlantis pretty much all at once; I started watching the first season while season 3 was airing. I always just watched stuff online that I'd heard was good, starting from the beginning, because I don't want to jump in late. So, I never noticed that shows went on hiatus over the holidays, or that Atlantis split up the season into two pieces.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps