Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ Heroes 2x08 - Four Months Ago $$ (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: $$ Heroes 2x08 - Four Months Ago $$
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suspect Peter's powers became automatic once he learned them. Like muscle memory, where even if you consciously forget something, your body still knows how.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yah. I think thinking of Claire was just how he got to healing early on...

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OverRon, I don't remember Nathan and Peter's dad being in the novel. But if he was, and wasn't shown using a power, that doesn't really mean anything; for all we know he had the power to shoot grapefruit seeds out of his ass ;-)
HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr. Petrelli is in the "Lone Star Files" comic arc, DB. He was powerless then, but they were young soldiers then (I think 18 or 19) and we've seen people manifest much later than that.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

OverRon
Member # 2036

- posted      Profile for OverRon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, it did show Linderman meeting up with Petrelli Snr. later on in life, so maybe he developed later, and Linderman found out. I had just assumed that the original heroes all developed their powers at around about the same time, like the current generation of them.
Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder why I didn't notice who he was...Does it actually explicitly say his name and I missed it in my foolishness or is it just implied and I...missed it in my foolishness? [Wink]

Edit: Check this out. (Once the new comic is up and this link dies, it's comic #920.)

Further Edit: A random string of clicks on Wikipedia made me realize a further medical inconsistency with Nathan. Not only would he be horribly burnt but he'd have radiation sickness too - teeth falling out, hair falling out, etc. We can't say he didn't have cancer or wasn't dying since they never said either way; and he certainly did seem incredibly weak and incoherent, which are symptoms of severe radiation poisoning. However, as far as I can recall the hair that wasn't burned off didn't fall off, and he seemed to have a mouth full of teeth.

[ November 15, 2007, 10:38 AM: Message edited by: Daniel Butler ]

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Number 28, Dan. *heh*

And I don't think Nathan got the brunt, just the heat wash before Peter caught him and got him the hell out of there.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Right, so, the former then!

Ehh, but he was burning as he held Peter, when Peter was radioactively 'hot' but before he exploded.

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, yeah, that...

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps