Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Help - picture question (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Help - picture question
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have too... this is very frustrating. You will have to tell us the answer. It's very Romulan - but it's not. I remember once seeing a language on a Sci-fi show - it might have been Trek or Stargate - but I was like 'hmmm looks Romulan' but maybe it wasn't that one.

Who is hosting the trivia?? It might give insight to the people who proposed the question.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took a quick look through the Memory Alpha language list, but didn't find anything resembling the symbols in question. So it's less likely to be a Star Trek script, I think.

I also don't think it's Romulan, anyway, because of those curved slashes. I've never noticed those associated with Romulan letters in the past...

As for other shows, it's probably not from Stargate, because the major languages ever featured � Ancient/Alteran, Asgard, and Goa'uld � were all very distinctive and/or based on Earth hieroglyphs.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been through every script in the wonderful Omniglot but I haven't found anything. Someone should double-check me, though.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Possibly a silly question, have you just stared at it to see if anything pops out at you?

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooops - I went through the Omniglot too. LOL! Oh what a dreadful waste of time!! [Big Grin] I still want to know what it is though!!

I still think it is printed in a paper back novel of some sort. Maybe it's from a brain-teaser book?

It's not something from Red Dwarf is it? Gelf language or something?

--------------------

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it was from a supposed Roswell artifact seen by the son of one of the officers that supposedly recovered the alien spacecraft. I think it was some Sci-fi channel docu-investi-drama but I don't remember the name.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was there an alphabet invented for that there, ehhh, Klingonaase? The "other" Klingon language?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

quote:
Originally posted by WizArtist II:
I think it was from a supposed Roswell artifact seen by the son of one of the officers that supposedly recovered the alien spacecraft. I think it was some Sci-fi channel docu-investi-drama but I don't remember the name.

I thought I saw a doco like that - but it might have been one of many - but the 'mysterious' writing just appeared to be VV II (][) 3E OO.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Could it be from some sort of Fantasy novel? We need more information!!

--------------------

rainl7
Member # 2068

- posted      Profile for rainl7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We didn't get any clues, so it really could be anything. sorry. I'm guessing that it is probably from a sci fi book/movie/show though.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

What I mean is - what kind of trivia competition is it. Is it part of a group of sci-fi-minded people or completely random general knowledge people?

--------------------

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

And is it a *trivia* contest, or are there puzzles? I mean, what if this is just a specially-made-up code of some kind?
rainl7
Member # 2068

- posted      Profile for rainl7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a general trivia contest, not sci fi based. So, this image may have nothing to do at all with anything sci fi. We just thought it looked like something from Star Trek. We also thought it might have been a general cryptogram, but kind of ruled that out.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

What is the question? Is it - what does this say? Or what language is this? Or even just 'what is this?'?

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I FIGURED IT OUT.

It's Irken, from "Invader Zim."

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps