Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Knight Rider $$Pilot Spoilers$$ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Knight Rider $$Pilot Spoilers$$
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably not, but then, William Daniels never got credited, either.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought I remembered seeing his name in the credits. Alas, I was wrong.

I don't like Mike's friend being the tech-head. I miss Bonnie. I liked seeing the pieces of the original KITT in Charles' garage. And that fits with KITT being disassembled for Knight Rider 2000. I wonder if that is somehow in continuity, and Michael Knight has KITT mounted in some other car. *heh*

Oh, and that section of road was "outside Prague" or somewhere in that vicinity. So FLAG's mission seems to be global now.

I like the themse song -- but not as a theme song. It makes a good "action sequence" remix, but for theme tune purposes should have more of the original running through it.

I hope Val warms his performance up a bit. William Daniels didn't play for Tuvok-level Vulcan-ness and I don't mind KITT having simulated emotions.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was okay. There was some potential there but it runs the risk of becoming Bionic Women-esque. Let's just hope they bring back KARR. [Razz]
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fuck KARR, I wanna see Garth Knight & Goliath.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, KR was the only series I can think of where both the main character *and* his vehicle had evil twins.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Mirror-verse has a mirror Enterprise... but i guess it's not really evil.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course they're evil, they have beards!
Shik
Member # 343

And they...talk...like....THISSSSSS.

--------------------

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And their women are sex objects.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Well they do that in the regular universe too, at least until TNG.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, in the regular universe, I don't recall there being a position of "Ship's Slut".

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Val Kilmer? Seriously? Has his career gone totally down the tube, or something?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
Well, in the regular universe, I don't recall there being a position of "Ship's Slut".

That was filled by Kirk (no pun intended).

It was a dual-role thing. Like Spock was science officer and XO, so too was Kirk the CO and Ship's Slut.

As for Knight Rider . . . I don't know. I mean it was kinda neat on its own, but not in attempted continuity with the old series.

That said, the attempted continuity leaves me wondering where the hell the original KITT went off to . . . we see pieces, but hear nothing about his fate.

(Speaking of which, it was a nice touch. That car in the garage is a real 80's Firebird, as you can tell by the engine. Of course, the Knight 2000 wasn't running with a Firebird engine, but on a turbine engine, which is why the car sounded like it did. And, the car could accept regular gas to turn into liquid hydrogen for the turbine engine's operation.)

Even the technical readout of the vehicle lists it as basically just having the nanotech uberskin and leet haxor capabilities. That's a good place to start from, and I appreciate the somewhat more "hard sci-fi" approach, but is basically a downgrade from the Knight 2000.

And, even though they're obviously not including it in the continuity, K3K is a definite downgrade from the Knight 4000 . . . a good thermal expander or ultrasonic stun-gun thingy would've been good additions.

In other words, K2K could've kicked K3K's ass. And won any verbal sparring matches at the same time. K4K could've done it even moreso.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think we're going to find the upgrades in the K3K are more software based than hardware. The resources KITT can tap into now seem to be alot greater.

I'm also guessing there will be a Greatest American Hero thing going on for awhile as Mike learns new things about what the car can do. I don't imagine it came with an owner's manual. So KITT will probably mention capabilities as they're needed.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Val Kilmer? Seriously? Has his career gone totally down the tube, or something?

Why is this said for just about every actor that goes from movies to TV shows? Some actors *like* having the different challenges/roles that you have on TV. Just like other actors go back to doing stage shows, because that's what they like to do.

.....although I did just look at his IMDb profile. "The Ten Commandments: The Musical"?!?? But it's not like he's been wanting for work, either.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps