Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ BSG 4x01 He That Believeth In Me $$ (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: $$ BSG 4x01 He That Believeth In Me $$
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What the hell?

WHAT THE HELL?!

The Raiders IDENTIFIED Anders. Knew he was a Cylon and cut out of there... Given that this was his first combat sortie, they never would have identified him before...

Although that doesn't explain why the centurions didn't identify him on Caprica...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why is Roslyn on Galactica instead of Colonial One? Did she move her quarters?

quote:
Although that doesn't explain why the centurions didn't identify him on Caprica...
Not to mention that the Cylons were up close and personal with just about all of these four on New Caprica.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's obvious: the Cylons recognized Anders after he became aware of his nature. They didn't know what he was because he didn't know.

Still, I agree with the initial assessment: WHAT THE HELL???

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daaaaaaamn!

So I guess Anders isn't going to be having a heart-to-heart chat with Starbuck, huh?

I would also wager that Callie wouldn't react too well, either. She's all cute and innocent until someone ticks her off, then look out!

So obviously something happened between Anders and the Raider to make them all pull out, even if Anders isn't aware of it. So did the Basestars pull out on their own, with the original 7 on board wondering what the hell was going on? Judging from the preview, I'd say so.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Why is Roslyn on Galactica instead of Colonial One? Did she move her quarters?
She's on Galactica undergoing treatment for her returned cancer.

quote:
I think it's obvious: the Cylons recognized Anders after he became aware of his nature. They didn't know what he was because he didn't know.
Alternatively, was that Lawless I saw in the preview? Maybe her model being eliminated wasn't quite as successful as the others had thought and she's had luck in identifying the four (or all five) and passing that information on to the Centurions and Raiders since last season (and after the four were off Caprica and New Caprica).

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it was Lawless at first, but it's just another Six with different hair. RDM did mention they were introducing a new 'Six' character.

Good episode, no answers and a whole heap more questions. Perhaps there's another Cylon faction out there, probably centred around the final five, that are probably on humanity's side. It would explain why a heavy raider led Kara into the maelstrom (I'm pretty sure it was real as we glimpsed it from Lee's POV.)

Still a mystery why the other Seven models are programmed not to think, or to think that they have been programmed not to think about the Five. Perhaps they were the first and they built the new Centurions, Hybrids and Raiders (hence the recognition) before creating the Seven and taking off, wiping all memory of them from their brothers and sisters...and apparantly themselves.
As for why they seam to be predisposed to side with the humans, perhaps the whole monotheistic, kill all humans trip is something the Seven came up with on their own, after the Five left.

Still can't figure out the whole deal with Kara exactly. On the one hand maybe the Lords of Kobol are still around and up to something, but that doesn't sound like something the writers on this show would do, seams too easy. Same goes for the ship of lights from the old series, it'd be too neat an explanation. It was probably one of the Five that wore Leoban's face in Kara's vision (perhaps even the 5th as yet unknown Cylon) had access to a heavy raider, knew the way to earth, was able to get there and back in few months and either restored or more likely fabricated a new Viper down to the last detail...rogue basestar perhaps?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean a new Viper.

On the surface I like the parallel with TOS and the Ship of Lights. Starbuck dies and is then resurrected. The Ship of Lights aliens are instrumental in directing Galactica toward Earth...

Not that there are Ship of Light aliens in NuBSG but someone inspired the prophecies, someone placed the probe in the nebula (with the Cylon virus) and someone has directed/led the Galactica toward Earth.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I said Viper, didn't I? [Wink]

Anyway, it was the 13th tribe that left the beacon behind and the "cylon virus" was a Lymphocytic Encephalitis, something the colonials have since become immune to. The virus wasn't planted, probably just hitched a ride after someone sneezed on it.

As for the "Ship of Lights" being used in this series, if they are then it's not going to be in quite the same literal manner as the old series.
We may have already seen one or more of them in the form of "Head Six", "Head Baltar" and "Not Leoban" and perhaps they are the very same beings that were once called the Lords of Kobol?
It would tie in to the idea that the Cylon God is a fallen Lord (Hades with a John Milton twist) and account for Head Six's agenda not being the same as the Cylon's. The way she's been grooming Baltar, one wonders if she/it has given up on the Cylons, or maybe it was only ever using them to drive humanity away from the other 11 (10 if Athena is really dead) Lords and straight into his/her/it's hands.

--------------------

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Kris... I think that that Kara's journey is somehow connected to "Not Leoben," who in turn is connected to "Head Six" and "Head Baltar."

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Though it was a good, this episode left me feeling doubtful about humanity's future. We don't know whats the deal with Starbuck, and her behavior in the last moments of the show made it seem as though she was under someone else's control(again perhaps non-Leoban). Furthermore, we now have the little miracle with Baltar and Colonials who follow a monotheistic religion(Judeo-Christian God?).
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

An interesting thought just occurred to me... all this time we've been associating the Cylon god with the Judeo-Christian God. And though it's technically the same origins, what if it's going to take a more Islamic direction? As in, "There is no God but God, and Baltar is his prophet." That would be pretty scary, considering what we've seen Baltar be up to in the past. That would technically make him the "anti-Roslin" in yet another way.

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well the God of Islam is same as the Judeo-Christian God aka the God of Abraham.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

Right, that's why I said "technically the same origins." [Wink] But mainly because the way most people in the west think, it's a completely foreign, unrelated theology.

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Well all the parallels between the Cylon's belief system and Islam technically apply to all three religions, which are in my mind are all technically the same religion, they just disagree what colour the hat's should be at the snack bar in Fiji, though they'd be loathed to admit it...anyway, if you must draw a parallel between Baltar and a terrestrial prophet then Moses (or maybe Akhenaten) would probably be more apt than Mohammed. Mind you, most prophets fit into a familiar pattern, so you could probably find plenty of other similar figures.

What I find interesting is that, if I'm right then they're putting a new twist on the worship of the one god, that rather than being the "one true creator of all things" he's really the first of the fallen, the ambitious little upstart that tried to overthrow the boss back on Kobol and got humanity banished from Paradise. Of course they don't know this, thanks to an aggressive PR campaign on the part of Baltar (aka - Judas Christ, Superstar) and his invisible talking Cylon.

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Exactly, I don't think this God is a good guy. If I may quote one starship captain, "What does God need with a sta...er battlestar?"
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps