Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ BSG 4x08 Sine Qua Non $$ (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: $$ BSG 4x08 Sine Qua Non $$
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gosh, what a great ep that was!!!

. . . only kidding. This is a placeholder. That said, I did toy with the idea of posting this before, then decided not to, but now I've found out that Sky One in the UK IS showing this ep this week, on Tuesday 27th May. So keep an eye on your torrent sites!

I wonder if they'll keep on showing them ahead of the North American market? With only a couple of eps to go before yet another year-long hiatus, would it matter if they did?

(And, definitely no Dr. Who this week, because of the Eurovision Song Contest; I'm afraid I can't suggest any way around that one!)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No Doctor Who, no Lost, no BSG... Only NASA's Phoenix landing to make up for it.

What's that about a year-long hiatus? The mysterious ways of American tv schedules continue to elude me.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember when we had to wait years for new shows from the states. Progress is good.

As for the eurovision, since we have some continental types on the board, I've always wondered if any of you lot give two shites about it, just like we don't?

Personally I'll watch it just to listen to Terry Wogan take the piss when Germany & Austria start voting for each other. [Wink]
It's like MST3K with an Irishman instead or robots...and baaaaad euro pop instead of slight;y more tollerable b-movies.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Austria! I'm not sure they were even in it at all? Italy don't participate anymore, and I'm not sure if we will either - when even Sir Tel says at the end that it's not even a music competition anymore, and that voting along ethnic and political lines is the norm. I really don't think that the UK, as one of the Big Four who effectively fund the whole process, should be spending our money to boost the economies and TV production infrastructure of oppressive Eastern European regimes. It's all a bit of a laugh, we don't really expect to win (Even If - see what I did there? - we had a better song than normal this year) but the sheer cynicism in which other countries vote really sucks the fun out of it.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"What's that about a year-long hiatus?"

Apparently, the strike pushed back the second half of the season by a bit.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I'd take an extra hiatus (annoying as it may be) over ending the season (and the series) at episode 13.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As for Eurovision, I watched a few bits and pieces of BBC coverage because Wogan is king of snarky remarks about Eastern European voting. In the Netherlands, I think it's about as (un)popular as in the UK. And around this time there will always be discussions about whether the Balkan and Eastern Europe dominate the contest too much.

But then again, the only countries that do take it seriously do seem to be the Balkan and the former Eastern bloc. And maybe Scandinavia.

--------------------

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SPOILERS

I can quite proudly say I fell asleep for a whole hour during the Eurovision. I think I saw the first song and then only woke up again for the last couple.

It wasn't that it was any worse than usual, but I was really tired from the London Expo, where some of the BSG cast sat on a panel. Edward James Olmos said it was his first ever con and I think he gave a way a few things he wasn't supposed to. Aside from a really embarrassing wardrobe malfunction involving Aaron Douglas, he confirmed that the Final Five aren't clones, said that by the time they all reach Earth there aren't many people left alive and he claimed that all the internet speculation about the final fifth wasn't even close and even Adama could be a Cylon. He also repeated what he's said in the past; don't watch the show, it'll depress you.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

More "Not BSG":

Phoenix landed perfectly on Mars. I watched NASA TV live, and it was quite exciting. It seems quite unlikely for such a complicated machine built by so many people to actually work perfectly. Very nice.

And isn't this a particularly cool photo?

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/phoenix/images/press/PHX_Lander.html

The first time a lander has been photographed during actual descent. The kind of picture that isn't very exciting, until you realize this takes place in orbit of another world.

--------------------

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps I'm jaded by television and computers, but it still won't be exciting to me until I can at least see the planet in the background, and preferably in color [Big Grin]
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

http://spaceflightnow.com/mars/phoenix/images/080527crater.jpg

I am speechless.

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$$$$$$$$poiler Alert - you have been warned.

Random mutterings before I go off to bed...

Looks like Cylons can reproduce after all! Though so far only Saul knows this.
Natalie didn't make it, though she seamed to get a vision before she croaked, maybe it was the light at the end of the tunnel or just the revelation that Cottle was the Final Cylon. Hard to say which as she was either looking at him in awe or past him in awe. I imagine we'll be getting several Final Cylon red herrings, so best not to jump to conclusions.
Adama FINALLY punches Tigh in the face (bet he'd been wanting to do that for a long time!) and gets punched back in turn...oh and they broke the boat AGAIN.
Lee is the new Pres (saw that coming a parsec away) and I imagine Zarek is still his vice.
Romo Lampkin makes a welcome return as Lee's personal jiminy cricket...and the cat died, though is still around in a creepy sixth sense kinda way (which made me wonder if that's final cylon red herring #2.)
Jake "hero of the resistance" also makes an oddly welcome return. He has usurped the cat.
So far no idea what happened to the Basestar after it jumped, though it appears they got in a fire fight (possibly with the hub) and left a hell of a mess behind. Though somehow only one Raptor jumped back to the fleet, but was severely shot up, pilot dead.
One assumes there will be an episode (maybe next week's) that will show what happened from the Basestar's perspective. My money is on Centurion revolt as one of the holes in the canopy look like it was made at about centurion gun-arm height...though that's pure speculation.
Adama finally admitted he's sweet on Roslin and steps down as Admiral of the Fleet to sit in a Raptor to wait for her to catch up while everyone else jumps on their merry way in the general direction of Earth. At least he brought a book.
Athena is back in the brig, this time with Hera.

Oh and somehow seeing Bill Adama in a flightsuit and once more going by the name 'Husker' was oddly fulfilling.

--------------------

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

Although it's yet another strange use of the supposedly very valuable Raptor (especially now that half(?) of their support craft went with the Basestar).

Overall, a pretty quiet episode compared to the last couple of times. It was pretty obvious Lee would become President as soon as the question came up. I'm glad Zarek is still VP though. Strangely, Zarek seems to be one of the more honest humans around, even though he is a complete jerk.

--------------------

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
http://spaceflightnow.com/mars/phoenix/images/080527crater.jpg

I am speechless.

See, now, *that* is cool.

Rev: Actually, Tigh threw the first punch, not Adama. "Youuuu MOTHERFRAKKER!"

[ May 29, 2008, 12:37 AM: Message edited by: Daniel Butler ]

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

I never said he didn't. I just said he gets to punch Tigh and got punched back which is a correct statment, even if it technically omits the fact that Tigh laid fists first. [Razz]

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps