Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Save StarGate Atlantis! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Save StarGate Atlantis!
Merek
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey! MGM has decided to drop Stargate Atlantis and only make movies out of the series now. We want more seasons,as they are getting better and better. If you feel the same, Please sign this petition! You'll see that over 26000 people think the same. Thanks.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/SaveSGA/

IP: Logged
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if this quite counts as spam, but either way...Really? A petition? You really think Sci-Fi will change its mind and re-sign a show just because a couple thousand people click a link? Judging from the record of what shows they cancel and what shows they don't, they don't really give a rats ass what sci-fi fans want to watch.
Josh
Member # 1884

- posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tend to agree. Online petitions carry little to no weight.
HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Define "better and better."

Didn't they decide Rodney was becoming nicer because of some brain parasites or something? Instead of, you know, actually showing his change in characterization as being legitimate?

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Save Star Trek! We still haven't seen the last two years of the 5 year mission!
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
Save Star Trek! We still haven't seen the last two years of the 5 year mission!

Save my ASS! According to a old David Letterman joke, if i eat 3 big macs, my ass will EXPAND 5 times it's normal size! please! Sign this petion! It matters! your vote matters!

of course, if the petion was about, say, lesbian miget penguin pr0n, live action Macross pr0n or all the goils from law & Order, nekkid and sweaty (watching.... oh.... penguin pr0n), then SURE AS FU... fudge. i'd sign.

too bad the 1st post is clearly a spambot or some shit...

speaking of, wtf is E nowadaze?

[Big Grin] *skids the topic on it's nuts* i'm reading Elizabeth Moon's Command Decision and i can't get Live action/anime Battletech, i could always wish for a actually good effort for Sci-Fi: Vatta's War.

what say yee?

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Josh:
I tend to agree. Online petitions carry little to no weight.

Well that's not always true. A friend of mine started an online petition to bring the Musician Tori Amos back to Australia to tour after 12 years. After several thousand signatures someone printed out the entire petition and threw it on Stage on night in the US. She has mentioned in a few interviews that this was a trigger to tour Australia again (and has done so twice in 2005 and 2007). Before that, the record company didn't think it warranted to tour the antipodes anymore.

SO, you never know.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tori Amos, Pfft.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's take a look at the record for fan petitions in general...

Star Trek, Season 2, 1968: Renewed for another season
Star Trek, Season 3, 1969: Still cancelled
Deep Space Nine, 1999: Still cancelled
Farscape, 2003: Still cancelled, but at least we got the miniseries
Firefly, 2003: Still cancelled, but at least we got the movie
Enterprise, 2005: Still cancelled, and they made an ass of themselves

The only time a fan campaign actually WORKED was when they convinced NBC to order the third season of TOS. (And then we got gems like "Spock's Brain" and "And the Children Shall Lead" and "The Way to Eden"... should that count as success or failure? [Big Grin] )

Also, the writers themselves have specifically stated that this cancellation is a MUTUAL agreement... so why the hell would a petition to Sci-Fi do any good, anyway?

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Let's start an online petition to end online petitions.
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You forgot Jericho. All those nuts that fans sent to the studio got us another 7 episodes. And they were pretty good, too.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
Tori Amos, Pfft.

Where is the 'up yours' emoticon when you need it?

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Y'know - there was a sci-fi channel mini-series that I recently watched - which I reckon they should have made a series out of - had a lot of potential... was called "The Lost Room". Anyone else watch it?

--------------------

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bits and pieces. Reminds me of Gideon's Key stories.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny:
You forgot Jericho. All those nuts that fans sent to the studio got us another 7 episodes. And they were pretty good, too.

Yes, but sending nuts to the studio is a bit different than an online petition [Wink]
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps