Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Latest Heroes eps (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Latest Heroes eps
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And as for tonight's, all I have to say is that the ending made me actually groan out loud and say in dismay: "Not again!"

Also, the rest of the episode was filled with shitty dialogue.

Looks like this one's a plopper in the toilet.

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only saw the first new episode of the year last night and thought it was pretty good (the plane crash was particularly nicely shot), so it's really depressing to hear it'll just turn to shit again.

It's a pity since they managed to sort out the issue of Hiro and Peter being too powerful, which was one of the big problems from the start.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems to me like they are picking a half dozen characters an episode to tell their portion of the story each week. The last episode was an attempt to flesh out HRG's role and some backtracking but it ended up being right back to where we were before with Noah. Is he or ISN'T he a 'villain'?

I had also wondered at the seemingly Tasha Yar'ish way they had offed Daphne, but I guess we were wrong about that. There are a lot of 'Powered' characters that were introduced that have now just fallen off the face of the world:
  • Molly Walker
  • Micah Sanders
  • The Haitian
  • Monica Dawson
  • West Rosen
  • Maya Herrera
  • Claude Rains
I think they have overwritten themselves and are now trying to pare it back down to a manageable cast/plot. Hopefully, they will get back to the type of story that made the show so strong.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think they're pursuing that a little too doggedly with yet another painting of a city being destroyed by Da Bomb in the future if Our Heroes don't stop it. I could almost hear a comic "Here we go agin'!" in the back of my head.
HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Claude's shown up in several GNs since his last appearance. I think with him at least they're trying to keep things open. If he comes back, it'd be enough to get me to watch the show again.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps