Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Saw Wolverine! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Saw Wolverine!
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...(he has a calculated 80% Pertwee* rating)..."

Is that a measure of how likely he is to reverse the polarity of the neutron flow?

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good one! You actually gave me more credit than I deserved there. I was referring to the son.

If I hear of a new movie, check out the cast list and find that Sean Pertwee is in it, I say "Ah, neat", because he still gets out there and keeps it real, always "two hit movies away from Hollywood" but you know he's getting by, one of those down-to-earth guys that appreciate the craft. He's "in the rolodex" I guess is what I'm saying, slightly in the back but he's there.

If I see Schreiber's name in "Upcoming features" I say the same thing, around 80% the neat, which in no way is a detriment to Schreiber.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Logan v Jimmy... I'm gathering that Jimmy was Wolverine's first name, and Logan is is surname... and if Sabretooth and him are only half-brothers - then it works... Victor Creed/Jimmy Logan different fathers. Um - that might have been obvious to everyone - but it just wasn't to me straight away - until someone clarified that they were only half-brothers.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, they had the same father; Momma Logan apparantly had an affair with Creed senior, though yes, they were raised by separate parents, hence the different surnames.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andrew, I think "Logan" was just the nmae he was useing when he was lying low with Silver Fox (my room-mate was singing the Lunberjack Song all week after the movie).
quote:
Originally posted by Nim:
Good one! You actually gave me more credit than I deserved there. I was referring to the son.

If I hear of a new movie, check out the cast list and find that Sean Pertwee is in it, I say "Ah, neat", because he still gets out there and keeps it real, always "two hit movies away from Hollywood" but you know he's getting by, one of those down-to-earth guys that appreciate the craft. He's "in the rolodex" I guess is what I'm saying, slightly in the back but he's there.

If I see Schreiber's name in "Upcoming features" I say the same thing, around 80% the neat, which in no way is a detriment to Schreiber.

I used to do that with Matt Dillon- any "Matt Dillon Dies" movie is awesome....amd usually not a big hollywood hit either.

Christopher Walken and sean Bean are such actors as well- even if they're in a sucky movie, they play their roles so damn well that you watch it anyway.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven't seen the movie, but in the comics Wolverine's real name is James Howlett. Story behind "Logan" here.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps