Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ SGA 1x06 "Water" $$ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: $$ SGA 1x06 "Water" $$
Josh
Member # 1884

- posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't imagine Telford would let just anyone Quantum Leap into his body. Sooner or later someone would sleep with his wife.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Makes you wonder if the swapping is gender-matched...

"We're sorry; a connection could not be made. The recipient is a *MALE* while our systems show you to be a *FEMALE*. Please try again later when a *FEMALE* recipient is available."

Also, I don't know what Scott is thinking. Lt James/Willa > Chloe. IMO. [Razz]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Zipacna
Member # 1881

- posted      Profile for Zipacna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fabrux:
Makes you wonder if the swapping is gender-matched...

Unless the custom model they're using has an added feature, then probably not. After all, Vala swapped into Daniel's body back at the end of Season 9 of SG-1.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh, a Gateworld "extra" video has Eli wandering around the ship with the Kino, annoying people and in general not doing anything special. However, it does show that Eli HAS taken over the Kino room as his quaretrs, using the bench behind the main console as his bed.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think they intended to get enough ice to replace all they had lost, just *some* to help add to the water they had available.

Although, you'd think the Destiny would have a water recycler of some kind, and if it's efficiency was worth a crap 40,000 liters should be plenty for a long while. Especially if it recycled water in the air as well as wastewater.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, but part of the problem was that the water was disappearing at a ridiculous rate. More than anyone could possibly steal, and more than could be accounted for by a supposedly-sealed system.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know, I mean, why bother going to get a little bit of ice if the 40,000L they have left would suffice? So Destiny must not have a very efficient recycling system, or maybe they just haven't turned it on yet.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, the point was that the ship DOES have an efficient system, but the computer couldn't account for the lost water. They would've been fine if it weren't for the bugs hogging the water.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

I guess I'm still confused...if the problem was only that they didn't know where the water was going, why did they stop to get a tiny bit of ice?
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because if they ran out they'd die of thrust?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

No, they die of thrust when the inertial dampeners fail. [Razz]

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I swear my typos have been getting worse. I blame spell-check!

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Josh
Member # 1884

- posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
I swear my typos have been getting worse. I blame spell-check!

I always found it strange Daniel Jackson never got confused trying to translate some alien text and couldn't because someone spelled it wrong.
Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Braa I am not making myself clear again! I mean, I should think 40,000 liters is plenty for them not to die of thirst if Destiny has a recycling system. But it must not because they went out to get a piffling amount of ice [Razz] (half a ton of ice is about 500L or so). 500L compared to 40,000 is nothing. If 40,000 wouldn't last, what would 500 do? What's the point, unless they have no recycler so they need every drop they can find.

Not die...must not...piffling...ok, I think I got all my thoughts in order there. *adds italics for rant emphasis*

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You've been making yourself abundantly clear, but I don't know if you have been understanding what others are saying. Yes, they had 40 000L of water. The fact that it was decreasing at such an alarming rate is why they went to get the ice just so they'd have something to drink, anything at all. If they hadn't discovered the bugs the water would all disappear and they'd have nothing. [Razz]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps