Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » The X-Files (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The X-Files
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought Mulder was coming back next season but now in my entertainment newsletter it says...

quote:

CARTER LOOKS FOR NEW 'X-FILES' LEAD
According to The HOLLYWOOD REPORTER, Chris Carter is believed to be eyeing Bruce Campbell (Evil Dead), Robert Patrick (T2), Lou Diamond Phillips (La Bamba), and Hart Bochner (Anywhere But Here) for the new male lead on X-FILES next season. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com http://www.fox.com

So does anyone know what exactly is going on?

------------------
"Census volunteers injured in the line of duty, sadly no one knows how many."
- The Daily Show.
Federation Starship Datalink - New and improved Starship Database!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hard someone once make a passing reference to Mulder's only being in half the episodes next season. I guess maybe he'll be coming back from time-to-time, or something...

Suddenly, I can't even remember what happened at the end of last season...

------------------
"I just measured him. He's about 21"."
-Chris Martin, 14-Jul-2000

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*spoiler alert*
Mulder is kidnnapped by aliens, Sculley is preganant (implied with Mulder), set-up for the spin-off with the Lone Gunmen, etc...

------------------
Stealing from one author is called plagarism.
Stealing from many is called research.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bruce Campbell? Wow. That's...that's different.

Personally, I wouldn't want to see them try to replace Mulder at all. I think Scully/Skinner could carry the show.

------------------
I am not good with English but excuses me. I hate you whom think bad of the gods of the thunder known under the name of ""Metallica"". Good tape of ""Metallica"" is ""Load"", that you like it or not. A much better tape of Metallica ""Load"" than overrated the tape known under the name of ""Iron Maiden"" ""Powerslave"". You all are penis for the bad one of thought about ""Lars"". ""Lars"" can take a cucumber in bottom of his throat without reflex of muzzle. Lars can too take cucumber in bottom with no stretching of bottom hole sphincter muscle. Thanks for reading.
--
an anonymous fan
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Because I'm saving all my love for you.

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Duchovny's involvement:

Duchovny himself has been propelling the rumor that he's not going to be in the reported 11 episodes. EW's Fox source is saying that, as previously reported, Duchovny will appear in the first two episodes of the season and "disappear" for the next 8 to 9 episodes. Then, he will return for the season's last 11 which will include the possible series finale.

Source: Cinescape

------------------
Cute, cuddly, widdle teddy bears usually will eat you alive unless you can prove you're a god.

Ex-Admin at the TrekBBS.com

kiltedbear
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for kiltedbear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
E!Online posted a rumor that Chris Noth (Mr Big of Sex and the City) is being considered for the role of Scully's new partner next season. Anyone know anything about this?

------------------
I do what the voices in my head tell me to do

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tvguide Online (tvguide.com) is reporting that the guy who played the T1000 in Terminator 2 will replace him. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

------------------
1957: The space age begins when the first artificial satellite, Sputnik 1, is placed in orbit by the Soviet Union on October 4. Our German rocket scientists get very
annoyed with their German rocket scientists. � Outpost

Hobbes
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Robert Patrick, in my first list.

Not that I blame Duchovny for leaving, the episodes lately have gotten silly and way off what the X-Files was suppose to be all about. A humor-based episode is okay once and a while, but this last season was nothing but. I've always been interested in the overall plot with Cancer Man's group, the black oil Purity, the stomach bursting aliens which evolve into the Hollywood grays, the shapeshifting clones and bees. That's about it I think. Instead you get comedic or gimmick episodes. Not to say I think that The X-Files should just stick to the list above, not at all. A few of the episodes like "First Person Shooter" I enjoyed.

Hopefully they'll start writing better episodes instead of the lame ones and get the show back on track.

------------------
- The Daily Show.

Mucus
Member # 24

Personally, I think Chris Carter doesn't really know where the X-Files is going (unlike JMS and B5), so I think he's trying to make it so convoluted and messed up as possible so no one notices.

------------------
1957: The space age begins when the first artificial satellite, Sputnik 1, is placed in orbit by the Soviet Union on October 4. Our German rocket scientists get very
annoyed with their German rocket scientists. � Outpost

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why do they want a replacement for Mulder? It's obvious he/she/it will suffer from extreme Ezri Dax Syndrome. They'll have to spend so much time on character development (especially since, unlike DS9, they don't have many other characters to focus episodes on), they won't have as much time for real plots. And, if it ends up being the final season, they'll have lost any chance of going out w/ a bang...

------------------
"I just measured him. He's about 21"."
-Chris Martin, 14-Jul-2000

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
T2 is.

------------------
Cute, cuddly, widdle teddy bears usually will eat you alive unless you can prove you're a god.

Hobbes
Member # 138

Damn, TLE beat me to it...

quote:
PATRICK JOINS 'X-FILES'
Robert Patrick (T2, The Faculty) has officially signed on to play Scully's new partner next season on FOX's THE X-FILES. David Duchovny will also appear in the first two episodes of the season, but won't return again until its 13th episode. X-FILES returns with FUTURAMA, KING OF THE HILL, and THE SIMPSONS on Sunday, November 5th. http://www.thex-files.com
- ZENtertainment #410

------------------
- The Daily Show.

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited July 21, 2000).]

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As much as I enjoyed T2, I'm kind of disappointed Noth won't be playing Scully's new partner. I thought him a really interesting as detective Logan back on Law & Order, oh well.

------------------
"I just want to set the record straight: I thought the officer was a prostitute"- Homer Simpson

Teelie
Member # 280

Haha.

I don't get to watch X-Files much anymore, so it doesn't bother me as much, but my girlfriend does, and she was pissed Mulder wouldn't be around.

------------------

[This message has been edited by TLE (edited July 22, 2000).]

kiltedbear
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for kiltedbear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before the news came out about Robert Patrick joining The X-Files, E!Online had posted a rumor that Chris Noth (Mr Big of HBO's Sex and the City) was possibly being considered as Scully's new partner. Anyone hear anything about this?

------------------
I do what the voices in my head tell me to do

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps