Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » The X-Files (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The X-Files
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, I've thought that the comedy episodes (Dreamland and so on) are what the X-Files do best. The monstor of the week ones have gotten same,y and the conspiracy ones are now so annoying that they could win an award for being annoying at an obtuse and annoying contest.

You watch one and go "ooh look, plot development!". Then you watch them 4 months later and say "Hang on, nothing's changed at all. Carter's been treading water now for 5 years."

And First Person Shooter was AWFUL. The biggest load of tripe I've seen since I had tripe for dinner a few months ago. Awful. Bad. Appalling. Don't watch it. Ever.

------------------
"I can't believe we're actually gonna meet Guru Lou. Everyone says he's the wisest man in the universe. He's sensitive, creative, has a great sense of humour, and he's a really smooth dancer. *giggles*"
"You're confused Polly. We're not meeting Paul Newman."
- Polly & Speedy; Samurai Pizza Cats

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You didn't like "first person shooter" ?
I loved that episode, though it still wasn't as good as last year's area 51 exchanged identity episode, you know, the one w/ Michael McKean, now that was funny.

------------------
"Homer, you're dumb as a mule and twice as ugly,
if a strange man offers you a ride, I say take it"-Abe S.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it was great how his character showed up again in "Three of a Kind" - you know the Lone Gunmen episode with the ditsy Scully.

------------------
"Neil says hi by the way" - Tear In Your Hand, Tori Amos

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was using it as an example of the off-base episodes. I do like the episode, I think it'd be cool to have a game like that, without the killer digital babe.

True the story hasn't progressed a whole lot in 7 years. But it's still what I watch X-Files. Those monster-of-the-week ones are what I consider lame when that's all there is lately, one silly episode after another. X-Files was suppose to be a drama, not a comedy.

------------------
"Census volunteers injured in the line of duty, sadly no one knows how many."
- The Daily Show.
Federation Starship Datalink - New and improved Starship Database!

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the fact that The X-Files can do so many different kinds of episodes.

------------------
"If Picard was set loose on a Monopoly board, he'd try and establish peaceable diplomatic relations with Marvin Gardens and give St. James Place wide berth so that its culture could develop without interference."
--
L. Fitzgerald Sjoberg
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Because I'm the passenger, and I ride and I ride.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps