Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Please help me find the name of this movie from 60's or 50's (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Please help me find the name of this movie from 60's or 50's
Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That must be it, but I still don't recognize the name.
Maybe I'm thinking of a smiliar movie?

------------------
Where's the bathroom on this ship?

strawberry
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys!

I just rented "The Time Machine". I'll watch it today & if it is good or interesting, I'll post about it.

Straw

It is now later.

"The Time Machine" was a good movie. Thanks for recommending it. I enjoyed it & so did the kids who were over here with my little boy. But it isn't the one with the caverns I was thinking of.

Guess I'll end up renting all the old sci fi & adventure movies until I can figure out which one it was!

[This message has been edited by strawberry (edited September 30, 2000).]

IP: Logged
Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude, save yerself a fortune in bloody rental fees at Hollywood or Blockbuster or whatever is your local video source: just check all the art and pictures on all the boxes first, see if any look familiar.

Some libraries have a section on movies: you might look for SF Films or Horror Movies, etc. Maybe save yourself some time, eh.

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn! It sure sounded like the Time Machine. It's still a cool movie. the only other movies I can think of with caverns are Journey to the Center of the Earth, which you mentioned before, and a Disney movie with Hayley Mills called "In Search of the Castaways" (1962) I vaguely remember something about sledding through a mountain on a block of ice, but I saw it a long time ago. It also sounds vaguely like the end of "Them!" (1954) in which the Army is hunting down giant mutated ants in the Sewers of LA. But I'd think that you'd remember those ants if you had seen it!

Can you give any more details about this movie? For example, were the cast kids or adults? Were there any other memorable scenes? Was it in color or black and white?

------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

strawberry
Ex-Member

lol

I'll check the library, etc. Thanks for suggestions.

I think there were both adults & children in the movie. All I remember really was that it was an exciting & adventurous movie. The people were dressed normally, but climbing down like the ladder inside the wishing well. This wishing well looked like a typical wishing well, you know, with a top on it & bucket & all. I believe it was in color (could be mistaken on that) and at the bottom of the wishing well, where they all hurried down to go to escape, or go to, there were tunnels, or caverns, or something. I guess maybe tunnels would be more accurate.

Now that I'm describing it, it probably isn't even a sci fi movie at all ... sorry . But, it was in the 50's or 60's, so perhaps you old timers can still help me? Thanks again!

Strawberry

strawberry
Ex-Member

Check my other post .... but thanks to all who helped on this. Now I'm going to find out my second movie I wondered about.

To all of you who helped with this ... thanks.

It WAS "First Men in the Moon" and I now own a used copy. I'm keeping it, as this puzzled me for probably 25 to 30 years. I only saw it once as a kid & never saw it again & asked all the movie trivia people I ever met. A few saw it, but no one could remember it.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps