Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Andromeda (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Andromeda
Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone seen the first episode of Andromeda already? What did you think of it?

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. *And*, if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out!

- Commander Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andromeda doesn't premiere until Oct. 7 for most of the channels that I know of.

------------------
"Incest! A game the whole family can play!"
-Jonah Rapp

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw it today. Rather good, actually. Of course, the best line in the whole show was "He's like a Greek god or something!" in reference to Captain Hunt.

The only thing I didn't like was that I have to wait until next week to see the second half of the pilot!

------------------
"Have you ever tried factoring Optimus Prime?"

-TSN, TrekSunday, 9/17/00

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I turned to my (massively large-breasted) housemate & said, "Wow....the ship has a nice rack."

She said that she was wondering how long it would take for technology to advance for me to be able to say that.

------------------
"Deviance is not tailored suits or computer geeks/Pierced tongues or sex freaks/love for hire under dirty sheets/I have lived and breathed you...." --Vanessa Daou, "Deviate"

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I second Krenim's comment . To be honest, the shipping crew's dialogues are less than witty, but the story's pretty good so far.

------------------
"Poetic souls delight in prose insane."
--Lord Byron

Golden Phoenix
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But... I found that there were a little too much fireworks in the background, people were moving around a little too much especially the pilot of the ship with it's two little joysticks that were moving like crazy like he did also ...

The costumes were also a little too rough. A human bat ? And a man with tusks ?

There was also a little too much acrobatics and slow moving scenes. So much that it looked like I was seeing an episode of Hercules...

But I must confess that I like the shape of the ship.

GP

IP: Logged
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, SPEAKING of those uniforms....remember that getup poor Raul Julia had t'wear as M. Bison in that shitty "Street Fighter" flick?

------------------
"Deviance is not tailored suits or computer geeks/Pierced tongues or sex freaks/love for hire under dirty sheets/I have lived and breathed you...." --Vanessa Daou, "Deviate"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was underwhelmed by Andromeda. And I missed the end! But I'm willing to give it a chance.

------------------
love's function is to fabricate unknownnness
--
E. E. Cummings
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! And party everyday.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Andromeda" is actually a Star Trek series.

It was originally pitched as the new Star Trek series, but it was rejected. The original title was "Phoenix Rising." The concept was that the Enterprise-G was frozen in time and came back in a time when the Federation was gone, the Vulcans were facists, and the Klingons were maurauding barbarian hordes (well -- they pretty much are that in DS9 anyway, so...)

C'mon, don't the producers/creators/whoevers names look familiar?

------------------
Jeff's Webcam
From the dawn of toys we came, living secretly among your cherished treasures, moving through the toy chests, until the time of the Gathering, when those who remain will battle for the prize. In the end, there can be only one ... LEGOLANDER!
Gore/Lieberman 2000

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it was really good, though some of the set seems kind of simple and lame. Like the pilot's seat, that was just annoying. The temporal slow-mo effects were kind of boring. But everything else seems great. Oh yeah, and the Andromeda computer is hot.

------------------
The Great Earth Serpent

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This first episode wasn't too great, even taking into account that it's a pilot and had to have a lot of exposition. I think they actually went abit too far w/ it. But, maybe it's all out of their systems now, and next week's will be better.

And, somehow, the idea that the ship's computer would holographically represent itself w/ that much cleavage seems a bit odd... *L*

------------------
Teal'c: "I am a traitor to no-one."
Jaffa woman: "Except your god!"
Teal'c: "False god! Dead false god..."
-Stargate: SG-1, "Into the Fire"

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a computer with personality and feelings. It feels it's personality is easier to get along with if it turns on the crew..

------------------
The Great Earth Serpent

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That seems unlikely. The day Windows makes a pass at me is the day I invest in both a new operating system and a nice sized magnet.

Not Linux, though. I'll bet there are versions of Linux that already talk dirty to you. It gets cold in Scandinavia, you know.

------------------
love's function is to fabricate unknownnness
--
E. E. Cummings
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! And party everyday.

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the AI-hologram was obviously programmed by computer nerds, Lara Croft probably out of style hundreds of years from now.

(The Emergency Babe Hologram?)

saw the Pilot episode on Sunday, 8 October. Not quite as good as I'd hoped. Some of the aliens were just awful. I laughed out loud at the dog-faced boss of the scavenger crew: what was he? a cross between a space-pimp and Rudolph the Red Nosed Retriever?

Really hated the smart-alek engineer. It's hundreds of years in the future, and he talks like he's on MTV.

mainly, gripes with the plot, some of which seems familiar.

Great old galactic government fallen, one last ship remaining? Sounds like "The Warlord" with Rod Taylor (stank)[the listing on IMDB has almost no information-- no one cares enough]

humans vs. hostile genetically-engineered separatists: sounds like David Gerrold's "Starwolf" books

ragtag group discovers miraculous ship: Blake's 7

scavengers discover last surviving super-ship of once-great government: The "Tuf" stories by George R.R. Martin

Now I have to watch next week to see Hercules try to Captain Kirk his way out of this cliffhanger.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually WAS serious about "Andromeda" being a Star Trek series. It was pitched as the 5th series and rejected.

------------------
Jeff's Webcam
From the dawn of toys we came, living secretly among your cherished treasures, moving through the toy chests, until the time of the Gathering, when those who remain will battle for the prize. In the end, there can be only one ... LEGOLANDER!
Gore/Lieberman 2000

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps