Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Andromeda (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Andromeda
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about Holly from Red Dwarf? There's a looker if ever I saw, er, them.

------------------
"Why do you want to spend time with a deer? They're so stupid, they get hypnotized by headlights!" - Guido Anchovy

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You read it here first, chums - Liam confesses unnatural love for Norman Lovett.
Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
don't ask, don't tell.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd make a "I bet he gives good head" joke, but the only way I could get away with it is by using the old "I'd say so and so, but it's too something" trick.

Plus, it's about me. Which'd make me look pretty stupid eh?

------------------
"Why do you want to spend time with a deer? They're so stupid, they get hypnotized by headlights!" - Guido Anchovy

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was one of the funnier exchanges I've seen around here recently... :-)

BTW, I forgot to mention it before, but I also noticed the present-day slang being tossed about. I really can't see people that far in the future still saying "bought the farm"...

Also, I think that space-pimp was supposed to be some sort of mouse-like creature...

------------------
Teal'c: "I am a traitor to no-one."
Jaffa woman: "Except your god!"
Teal'c: "False god! Dead false god..."
-Stargate: SG-1, "Into the Fire"

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just saw the second half today. Pretty mediocre so far. Their ships used "slipstream" to warp to places, which is rather unoriginal. And the crew-gathering at the end was a bit contrived and uninspiring. But I get to look at Kevin Sorbo.

------------------
"Poetic souls delight in prose insane."
--Lord Byron

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those who want to understand more about the ship: www.andromedaascendant.com

For those who want more info about the tech (including slipstream, which I find a mighty neat idea that incorporates elements of probability & chaos): www.allsystems.org

------------------
"Two parts slush...one part solid ice...one part hard-packed snow...a dash of assorted debris...sculpt into sphere, and serve at high velocity without warning." --Calvin

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got the pilot today (my station is airing it WAY late for some reason. And this is a major city!), and I must say, I really like it. It's a definate middle between Star Trek and FarScape, and I will definatly watch all three.

------------------
Me: "Why don't you live in Hong Kong?"
Rachel Roberts: "Hong Kong? Nah. Oh, but we can live in China! Yeah, China has great Chinese food!"

(discussion with fellow classmate, 9/5/00)

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shik: There's no "www" on the Andromeda Ascendant site

And, IMHO, the term "slipstream" was taken from Andromeda and used on Voyager.

------------------
"Incest! A game the whole family can play!"
-Jonah Rapp

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know perfectly well as I do that the wuh-wuhs mean diddle, Bubba...

As for the usage of the term...well, I've yet to think of something that's better. Well, maybe the "Fortuna Drive," but that requires a shitload of backstory to expalin the name.

------------------
"Two parts slush...one part solid ice...one part hard-packed snow...a dash of assorted debris...sculpt into sphere, and serve at high velocity without warning." --Calvin

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it obviously means something because the link shows up as unvisited, and I've been there.

------------------
-Jonah Rapp

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fabrux: That's because your browser compares the URL to the one stored in your history. They don't match, so it considers it unvisited. But they should both take you to the same place.

I've just seen the second part of the Andromeda pilot. I have to admit, it was better than the first part, though still not great. However, it's intriguing enough that I think I'll continue to watch it to see if it gets better.

------------------
"Count the arms, the legs, and heads, and then divide by five."
-They Might Be Giants, "Certain People I Could Name"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Everybody must watch! Bwahaha!

On a side note, I get at least 8 channels that carry Andromeda. Oy...

------------------
-Jonah Rapp

[This message has been edited by Fabrux (edited October 16, 2000).]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps