Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » "Babylon 5" reruns starting over... again... (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: "Babylon 5" reruns starting over... again...
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, the screw-up with the widescreen edition was the fault of Warner Bros., I believe. The show really WAS filmed in the widescreen format.

I'm surprised to find so many pro-B5 members here! Usually you don't get a lot of people like that at a Trek-oriented board.

Re: my earlier comment about Londo's accent-- I actually really liked Londo's accent, after the first few episodes. It took a little getting used to, but it was an interesting change.

"Why don't you eliminate the entire Narn homeworld while you're at it?"

------------------
You know, you really should keep a personal log. Why bore others needlessly?
The Gigantic Collection of Star Trek Minutiae

MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
B5 had much more of a depth to it than any Trek series. I am a Trek fan first and foremost, but I always admit that it is far too utopian, and does not seem probable that the corrupt world we see today will blossom into a civilzation in which we aren't greedy and powerhungry @$$holes. Also Londo had to sacrifice everything for the Centauri Republic and there are some things that will stay alive forever: "What are you gonna do Mollari, blow up the island?", the legendary confrontation between Londo Mollari, and Mr Morden the Shadows advocate. The result of that action: "They wan't YOU Londo." when the Regent tells him about the Drakh, and the Keeper is implanted onto him.
And the classic of a Dictator trying to take the Earth down with him: "He killed himself, and he left a note on his desk with the words "Scorched Earth" written on it."
Then ofcourse Sheridan decided to sacrifice himself and his first ship the "Agamemnon" to save Earth, but his old academy teacher and great nemesis in the war came in thorough and jump gate and saved him.

B5 has a series of legendary events and sayings that people will always remember, it may been only five seasons, but it was the best five seasons ever. And the movies were the perfect addition.

------------------
Go to my site ST Infinity or you'll cause the release of another Olsen Twins movie. Do you want that on your conscience?

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for Quatre Winner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Except for "A Call to Arms". Evan Chen's (I think that was him) score really grated on my nerves. And don't even get me started on "Crusade".

On a similar note - anyone read "Casting Shadows"? The first book in the B5 technomage trilogy?

------------------
"Okashii na... namida ga nagareteru. Hitotsu mo kanashikunai no ni."
(That's funny... my tears are falling. And I'm not sad at all.) - Quatre Raberba Winner

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't even know there WAS a technomage trilogy. Is this something new?

------------------
Lisa: "Don't you remember the story of Oedipus?"
Homer: "Maybe five dollars will refresh my memory."
Lisa (angrily): "Oedipus was the story of a man who kills his father and marries his mother!"
Homer: "Uggh! Who pays for that wedding?"

Shabren's Final Prophecy: Star Trek: Legacy

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for Quatre Winner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's 3 series of books that's been done since the show went off. First is the Telepath trilogy, second is the Centauri trilogy and lastly is the Technomage trilogy series.

They're damn good reading IMHO and yes, they are CANON (I think). Or so says JMS.

------------------
"Okashii na... namida ga nagareteru. Hitotsu mo kanashikunai no ni."
(That's funny... my tears are falling. And I'm not sad at all.) - Quatre Raberba Winner

MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen any B5 books, but I would love to read them. I didn't like Crusade, that show quite frankly stunk It ruined the good rep of B5.

------------------
Go to my site ST Infinity or you'll cause the release of another Olsen Twins movie. Do you want that on your conscience?

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

Peter David wrote the Centauri trilogy. He really nails the characters down exquisitly.

------------------
In this crazy world of lemons, baby...you're lemonade!

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd suggest the Telepath Trilogy. Great background info, and some great Bester stories too...

------------------

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

Got them, read them, LOVED them...

And what Garibaldi did at the end was rather a nice touch. *grins* I expect a few dozen people would do that to me when I shuffle off.

------------------
In this crazy world of lemons, baby...you're lemonade!

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

Heh, yeah -- I loved the ending of that last book. Mr. G beats the crap out of his archnemesis and then has him carted off. How nice... Of course the ironic part was that Bester ended up outliving Sheridan and the station itself...

------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps