Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Which sci-fi ship or vehicle do you hate the most. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Which sci-fi ship or vehicle do you hate the most.
The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nightwing - I'm not sure about the assymetrical theory, some do carry an attraction. Yes they may look odd, but odd can sometimes be original and interesting. Regarding the Millennium Falcon for example. The extruded cockpit on one side makes this ship distinctly assymetric, but it remains one of my favourite all time sci-fi ships. And remember that bizarre Borg ship from 'Descent'? That really was damn peculiar and maybe ugly, but it was also interesting....

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, the Discovery's centrifuge was inside of the sphere (although it never would have fit in reality). The very first shots of "18 Months Later" were from within the centrifuge.

Clarke is very good at making sure everything is scientifically accurate, at least with most things.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Braveheart
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too EASY: VOYAGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HATE THAT STUPID SHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP: Logged
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
POD FROM EXPLORERS!!!! STUPID BOYS DO NOT BUILD STARSHIPS AND MET ALIENS IN SPACE!!!!
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's wrong with Voyager? Sure, Janeway and company sometimes call the only shuttle bay "Shuttlebay 2" and no one ever thought of using the ship under the primary hull. But the design looks nice.

Consider this then for a bad looking ship: the USS Curry from DS9.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I know a friend who thing Voyager looks like a "half-smashed frog on the highway with an overturned spoon shoved into its face."

I personally don't mind, but I dislike this trend to make all new Federation ships have a totally flat underside to their triangle-shaped saucers like a mushroom (Sovereign, Nova, Intrepid, etc.). I do think the Nova has a nice overhead layout, however...

As for the original topic question, I like pretty much all designs, but I disliked how the Enterprise-E was introduced. Sure, it looks nice, but after its arrival, all these fanboys started blasting the previous "hero ship", the Galaxy-Class. Now we have all these "GALAXY-CLASS SUX, AND ITS GETTING RETIRED. TYPE 12 PHASERS ON THE E-E KICK THOSE OLD SHIPS @$#%!!!!"

Keep in mind, I just disliked how it disrupted the balance of ships. Plus, it seems the anti-explorer ship that the E-D was trying to portray.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do agree with Ace when it comes to one of my favorite ships, the Galaxy Class. I don't mind the new Enterprise-E taking over, just the blasting of the E-D. Sure the E-E is sleek, more powerful than MOST of the ships in the fleet with the exception of another favorite ship: the USS Prometheus. But have we actually seen the Soverign Class in the front lines? No. We see the Galaxy Classes flanking the ships at DS9.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hehe because i imagine theres only 2 or 3 sovies so far. I personally love the Ent-E design. But it doesnt come close to my all time fav, the Akira. and yes, it DOES have 15 torp launchers *covers ears and yells "LALALALALA"*
Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought that the Leonov (Sic) was a beautiful rendition of Soviet engineering in the 21st century.

I once saw a documentary which stated the case perfectly:

A Soviet pilot was asked about the differences in design between American fighter jets and Russian (Russian jets tend to be almost 1-1/2 times as heavy.

He stated that the American's go for grace and fine-tuning, the Russian engineers go for strength and durability. He stated that if an American jet is struck in flight by a bird, it goes in for major maintenance - and is effectively out-of-action for days. However, if a Russian fighter's landing gear will not extend, the pilot just skids down on the belly. After the plane has come to a stop, the ground crew will hoist it up with a forklift, lower the gear, and fuel it up for another attack run.

However, for my nomination of ugliest ship, I also want to nominate a ship from "Battle Beyond the Stars". I don't know it's name, but I'd nominate the white ship with tits.

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kitbashes, oh God how I hate those DS9TM kitebashes.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too bad the russians are a bunch of drunk reds... jokegvaiuyg40839t

sorry.. i let evil wes out today

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unusual choice of pet, most people just get a dog or a cat or something. . . 8)

Not sure if there's any ship I'd class as being my least favourite, or even actually hating. I really disliked those flying police car spaceships from Space Precinct.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Kosa
Member # 650

- posted      Profile for Kosa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only ship I can think of that I didnt like was the fighters in Wing Commander the movie. Talk about over doing the WW2 design edge.

--------------------
More human than human -Blade Runner

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

Please don't remind me of that movie...I think the only reason why I actually watched it was to see if Freddie Prinze Jr. goes shirtless.

--------------------

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THE AKIRAPRIZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!111!1

BTW - what is it with homosexuals and Freddie Prinz Junior?

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps