Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Beast Wars DVD

Author Topic: Beast Wars DVD
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a Beast Wars DVD. It has come out only here in the UK. I have ordered it. I will now laugh at all Americans everywhere.

(This should probably go in general sci-fi, shouldn't it? See how rebellious I am! Bwahahahah!)

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being an American Beast Wars fan, I am now mildly annoyed. Never mind the fact that I don't have a DVD player, and therefore, couldn't use said DVD even it was here...

And being mildly annoyed, I shall move it to General Sci-Fi! So, nyah!

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um. you know, if you are a DVD enthusiast, you (or someone else) can chip your DVD player to play any region DVDs. Also, if you have a DVD-Rom drive, I have some good software to break the region locks.

Oh, and for the record, its legal to break region codes on players. (just not on discs)

For me, any DVD region works. )

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I first saw the title of this thread, I swore it read "Breast Wars DVD."

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Wes, where can I get that software?

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any shareware downloasite, like CNET will have it. I use DVD Genie, which works with PowerDVD, WinDVD, VaroDVD, Cinemaster, and others.

However, software like this will only work if your DVD player isn't region locked. A lot of them aren't, but have software in place to only allow you to change the region 5 times. There are some though where it's impossible to change the region.

You could just download the software and try it. There is software that tells you if your DVD-Rom is region locked. And I think there might be software to get around hard-coded region locking too.

Interestingly, everyone I know in the UK with a DVD player has either got it chipped, to remove the region coding, or knows the cheats. (A large number of DVD players have little cheats that allow you to remove the coding. I have a Samsung, for instance, and I have to point an AIWA hi-fi remote at it and hit "clock" 3 times, and the region coding goes. Handy.)

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
and I have to point an AIWA hi-fi remote at it and hit "clock" 3 times, and the region coding goes. Handy.)

thats the coolest thing in the world. I use DVD Genie for my DVD-Rom, and my Sony Deck isnt chipped. i wonder if there is a hack for that player....

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried getting DVD Genie but the url was 404. Damned Cnet needs to update their links.

--------------------
It takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. It only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and smack someone upside the head.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

"and my Sony Deck isnt chipped. i wonder if there is a hack for that player..."

There's a fair few sites listing DVD Region hacks. None of which I have bookmarked. Try serching for "DVD" "Region" "Hacks" in different orders.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps