Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Quantum Leap (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Quantum Leap
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hobbes: It wasn't just his soul leaping around. His body actually traveled through time. This was made abundantly clear in the episode where he leaped into a pregnant woman. Sam and Al went through the whole process trying to figure out whether or not it was possible for Sam to be carrying the baby.

Basically, their bodies switch places in time. They look like each other to everyone because of the "physical aura" that is left behind.

When Sam and Al switched places, Sam looked like Sam, Al looked like the guy he leaped into, and (presumably) the guy he leaped into looked like Al.

The evil leaper: They never really explained how or why she was leaping around, only that it was controlled by (what was presumably some kind of evil intelligent computer) Lothos. Sam eventually freed her from it's control by forcing her to leap with him instead of under Lothos' control.

Oh, and just a little side note...Jennifer Aniston was in one of the later season epsiodes. Damn, she was hot.

[ August 20, 2001: Message edited by: Aban Rune ]

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think you got some characters messed up there.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who ya talkin' to Wes?

I didn't get any characters messed up.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I noticed that the same actor from the premiere episode also was in the final episode. I wonder if this was intentional or not. If so, perhaps this guy, Bartender Al, wanted to observe Sam's first leap by leaping too.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Hey, you're right...I never noticed that Bartender Al was also...what? the pilot-that-Sam-leaped-into's commanding officer? in the pilot?

I know he played someone on the base and I remember him knocking on the metal plate in his head...

Or maybe this was just another instance of people in this final leap looking like people Sam's met before. The bartender definitely knew something about Sam's leaping, but we never found out exactly who he was, did we?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Dr Phlox
Member # 680

- posted      Profile for Dr Phlox         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It kind of baffled me. It should have been a two parter.

--------------------
President Josiah Bartlet: Congratulations. So, who is da man on this one?

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: I think this time we're all collectively da man, sir.

Deputy Communications Director Sam Seaborn: I accidentally slept with a call girl.

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: Accidentally? Did you trip over something?
-----------------
The West Wing

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The episode was "Genesis" and the character was named Crazy Ernie, a ground control officer or something. Sam didn't recognize Bartender Al like he did the others. I'm think he also leaped into Ernie to observe Sam's first leap to see if he was up to the challenge.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

That could be...I'll have to go back and watch it to see if he says anything that they may have picked up on for the last ep.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Dr Phlox
Member # 680

Sci fi aired the final ep a couple days ago. They started from the beginning on Tuesday. Tommorow they are airing the fourth episode, I believe. Check your local listings.

--------------------

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: I think this time we're all collectively da man, sir.

Deputy Communications Director Sam Seaborn: I accidentally slept with a call girl.

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: Accidentally? Did you trip over something?
-----------------
The West Wing

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Aban gots no cable. But I know I have both the first and the last episodes on tape. I'm watching a tape of some of the later shows right now. This morning I saw the Dr. Ruth episode while I ate breakfast

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Dr Phlox
Member # 680

That's one of my favorites.

--------------------

-----------------
The West Wing

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

It was ok...though there are a couple major nitpicks I have:

1) When Dr. Ruth leaps out, the Vampire guy immediately leaps in. Al said once, that, from his point of view, it takes over a week for someone new to come into the waiting room.

2) At one point, Al leans over and kisses Dr. Ruth on the cheek, reinforcing the idea that Al, for some reason, can see both Sam and the person he switches places with for who they really are.

3) When the Vampire guy leaps in and takes Dr. Ruth's place, the clothes she had on suddenly fit him, even though they made those clothes specifically because the regular body suit didn't fit Ruth.

I know...I'm a sad little man...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Dr Phlox
Member # 680

If it's his body why do we see the person he leapt into in the mirror. Many aspect of Quantum Leap for those who don't frequentlty watch are confusing. Anyway today on sci fi or yesterday since it is now 12:21 they showed the one where he's a boxer and is trying to get money to build a chapel for Sister Angela.

--------------------

-----------------
The West Wing

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
QL was never consistent about whether he leaped into other people's bodies, or whether he leaped in his own body but just looked like the people into whom he'd jumped.

Or something like that.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

It was very clear. Sam's body actually traveled through time, as did the other person's. They physically switched places in time. As I explained before, the reason they look like each other was due to the "physical aura" that was left behind. That comes from the episode where Sam leaps into a pregnant woman.

If Sam's body doesn't physically travel trhough time, how could he have walked when he was a Vietnam vet with no legs, or had a daughter by a woman in "Trilogy, part 3"?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps