Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Cowboy Bebop (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Cowboy Bebop
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard good things about it, and I'm hoping that the UK Toonami will eventually start showing it, as I can't really afford the CDs at the moment.

As an aside though, Pokemon isn't "watered-down". It's pretty much exactly the same as the Japanese version. It's only watered-down in the same way that say Dexter's Lab is watered-down compared to South Park.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my mistake.

in that case, I meant, it doesn't SUCK like Pokemon. Though that Pikachu sure is adorable.

hehe.

--------------------
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger,
Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die."-Mel Brooks

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mistake. Nothing to see here.
Move along. Move along.

[ December 04, 2001: Message edited by: USS Vanguard ]

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you often quote yourself? And why?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

Uh, no i don't. but i'm also a moron. I meant to fix something, and I ended up quoting it. Damn buttons.

--------------------

BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, it wasn't really explained.

$
$
We don't know what really happened to her other then she was in some kind of accident involving a space shuttle in space.

We don't know who sent her the video tape and VCR.

Plus, it really annoyed me when she ran away from that old lady in the wheel chair who knew about her past in Singapore.
$
$

[ December 05, 2001: Message edited by: BlueElectron ]

--------------------
"George Washington said, 'I cannot tell a lie.'
Richard Nixon said, 'I cannot tell the truth.'
Bill Clinton said, 'I cannot tell the difference.'"

-- comedian TOM SMOTHERS, from his latest stage act with brother DICK SMOTHERS.

Antagonist
Member # 484

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An FTP with all the eps? Dude! That would be great!

($)Faye Spoilers($)

Faye's past was explained very well. While I still can't for the life of me figure out who was sending her those VHS tapes, it was all wrapped up at the end where she came fromm. Overall she had terrific character development. You can even notice her personality changing from one episode to the next. Anyhow, for being 80-something, she's one hot old chic. Of course the cryogenic suspension might have had something to do with it all.

--------------------
Move .sig!!

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MORE SPOILERS

quote:
Originally posted by BlueElectron:
We don't know what really happened to her other then she was in some kind of accident involving a space shuttle in space.

It was perfectly well explained. Just like with most other series, you need to pick up the clues from different places & piece them together in the right order.

Faye was on a class trip as a teenage girl. They were in space on some sort of hypersonic suborbital liner when you see the moon crack outside her window. Well, what cracked the moon? The first tests with the hyperspace gates, the same ones that rendered Earth mostly uninhabitable & caused that kid to be effectively immortal. We know that was in the 2020s sometime (2021, I think) & we know Faye was in suspended animation until the 60s. My guess is that she was either a ward of the "state" or was lost in the bureaucratic shuffle.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I'm not sure if Faye's shuttle was actually caught in the hyperspace gate explosion. I think her accident took place before it, there by explaining the lost of the records. It could have just been a freak accident. If she were in line-of-sight of the explosion, she would have been dead like half the planet.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$
$
That's what I thought to.

The "crack" that everyone saw is a crack on the window, rather then the moon exploding.

So the accident is a mechincal failure of the shuttle, rather then the gate accident.
$
$

--------------------
"George Washington said, 'I cannot tell a lie.'
Richard Nixon said, 'I cannot tell the truth.'
Bill Clinton said, 'I cannot tell the difference.'"

-- comedian TOM SMOTHERS, from his latest stage act with brother DICK SMOTHERS.

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yo, Jeff! Being a lego fan, I thought you might appreciate this, and yes it is on topic....kind of. Here's an incredible lego model of the Bebop!

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=8892

*drool* I want it.........

IP: Logged
Antagonist
Member # 484

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, thats the Swordfish not the Bebop

--------------------
Move .sig!!

MIB with MIB mobile
Ex-Member

Didn't Spike call his ship the Bebop? I could have sworn he did.
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bebop was the big ship they all lived on. Swordfish II was Spike's little racing fighter, Red Tail was Faye's Zipcraft, & Hammerhead was Jet's grappler sled.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Battle Damage Chest Insignia MIB
Ex-Member

Of course. Now I remember. Either way, it is a kick ass lego model.

[ December 11, 2001: Message edited by: Battle Damage Chest Insignia MIB ]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps