Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » When's Farscape a-comin' back? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: When's Farscape a-comin' back?
Antagonist
Member # 484

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just recently got hooked on Farscape, and after about three to six episodes, the scifi channel stopped airing them. Is the series on haiatus now, and if so, when will it continue to air.

Also, is farscape in syndication yet anywhere?

[ January 24, 2002, 23:38: Message edited by: The Antagonist ]

--------------------
Move .sig!!

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crap, last Ep. I was able to see was 12.03.01..... Not that I am working again and can get cable it's not even on..... piss on the cable..... FasScape made up 75% of my tv time....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First to get the final 4 are, bizarrely enough, Israeli TV by a couple of days. Then the BBC, we've had 319 and 320 this week with 321 and 322 next week. Ha, we rock, you suck, I'll try not to spoil your asses into oblivion. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, the deal with the scheduling is apparently thus: When a season starts, we get the new eps first, much like other shows. Everyone else picks up, say, a couple months behind us. But the trick is, just before their customary slam-bang final-four arc, they go on a LOOOONG break. Here. Everywhere ELSE the schedule continues on like normal. So we get most of the season first, but we get the final arc last.

I think this season's final arc should be on in April or something, no?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first new episode of "Farscape" is coming on April 5. They'll be showing the previous episode, 3x18 - "Fractures" the previous week. (That's the last week of March.)

I'm a recent convert, too -- I watched the reruns on Sci-Fi when they started in September. You have no idea how pissed I was when they finished the run and I found out I had to wait five more months.

I sure pity the American fans who've been watching all along...

The bad news, as I recall, is that Sci-Fi will only be showing the last four episodes of the third season, and then will be going on another break. Don't know for sure how long it will be, I recall reading somewhere that the fourth season will begin in June.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finally got cable when I moved back in October. I decided I'd start watching B5, even though I missed the first season-and-a-half, because it would take so long to get to the end and start over. But, since "Farscape" was only three seasons, I figured I could wait until the end of the year when they would finish up and presumably start over.

But they didn't.

Bastards.

Antagonist
Member # 484

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're bloody kidding me! April?!
Thats a little more than 2 months!
Damn you Lee! I shall have my revenge upon you.

Just wait. [Smile]

But on another note, I've run accross problems downloading the entire first season off of Morpheus, does anybody know if Farscape has gone to DVD yet?

--------------------
Move .sig!!

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, yes. At least it has over here. As far as I'm aware seasons 1 & 2 are both available, and 3 should start coming out soon.

And, heh heh. There's some good stuff for you to look forward to. 319 seemed to me a bit hit & miss, developing on what plans they were making at the end of 318 which you've all seen; 320, well, that just kicks things into overdrive. }B)

--------------------

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could never get addicted to Farscape. I've tried several times to watch a couple episodes to get into it. I like it, it's funny... but I never felt the need to watch like SG-1, Enterprise or Buffy.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Antagonist
Member # 484

To tell you the truth, I don't think that Farscape is anything like Buffy or SG-1.
Sure, they have lots of make-up like in Buffy, but does it have a crappy "monster of the week" storyline to make the show suck? Now while I enjoy the toying of mythology as a basis for interstellar life, I think that they took too much liberty in creating a spin-off of the movie.

But I'm not here to bash on other TV shows. Besides, I still watch said shows casually from time to time.

--------------------
Move .sig!!

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't comparing Farscape with Buffy.

I merely using it as an example. When Sci-Fi started to re-air Farscape from the beginning I watched it for about a couple weeks. But when FX re-aired Buffy, I felt a greater need to watch it every day and didn't want to miss it.

However, IMO, I would rate SG-1 over Farscape. [Big Grin] As well as Babylon 5. It's not like I didn't try to give Farscape a chance though.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Lee
Member # 393

And tonight's episode (321) was, well, suffice to say, "holy shit!" 8)

--------------------

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I concur!

Damn good episode!

I'm very currious as to what they will do in 3.22 and also if there will be a season 4...

--------------------
"And they had other stuff (...) like pictures of the Vulcan woman on Enterprise."
"OOOOhhh! Uhm, I mean: Nerds!"

- Willow and Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Lee
Member # 393

And 322 was. . . different. EXTREMELY powerful stuff, the cliffhanger sure tops last season's. Sets up a few conditions for season 4, following the resolution of certain plotlines in 321. I'll say no more than that. 8)

--------------------

Antagonist
Member # 484

You suck. Thats all I will say for now.
[Smile]

--------------------
Move .sig!!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps