Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » The Time Machine (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The Time Machine
Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have not yet seen the film, just the trailer. And I have read many critics' views in magazines, newspapers,...

And I haven't read the book. My only connection is the 60s movie, which I liked very much. I even saw it in the original version, i.e. in English as opposed to the German syncronization.

As I said, I liked the old movie.
From what I have seen from the trailer, I don't think I will go and see the new one. As you said above, special effects don't mean it's a good movie. (Unfortunately, the average idiot who goes to the theater these days doesn't care about a good plot, storyline, acting-skills, etc. as long as there are tons of explosions, special effects and - if possible - half-naked ladies, the more the better) Sad really! [Mad]

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoa, lets not go insane here what's wrong with half-naked ladies?

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They leave too much to the imagination, I would imagine. [Wink]
Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't get me wrong. I have no objection against half-naked ladies. It's just that I don't want to see them in EVERY movie just as eye-candy.

Oh and concerning the imagination. I prefer them HALF-naked as opposed to completely naked. I don't find anything fascinating in nude images as it is those that don't leave much room for further imagination - unless of course you are thinking of.... [Wink]

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
Stuff

Bah... I liked it, If you didnt like it, and need a reason to say your so far above this movie... go for it.
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate how any new fucking movie with brilliant effects is just a 'visual effects flick'. Fucking watch the movie first, if you dont like the plot, wow, there you go, you didnt like the movie. But dont fucking discredit the hard work of the filmakers by just passing it off as a fx feature, cause it wasnt, and I cant imagne a movie that was really only about visual effects.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y'know, Wes, I'm almost tempted to say "don't ever change." However, I'm afraid to, because when you first showed up here we told you repeatedly to change and you didn't; Christ knows what effect reverse psychology might have. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, from what my friend has told me, The Time Machine lacks quite a bit in terms of plot development, so many people would be justified in calling it a "visual effects flick." And, there is nothing wrong with people actually wanting a movie to follow whatever work it is based on. It doesn't make that person an intellectual snob.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw the trailers and thought it looked cool. I heard that it sucked. I decided to make up my own mind and I went to see it anyway. When I got there and (now pay attention) watched the movie ... I thought it lacked alot in terms of story. But it did have good effects and, incidently, a very attractive half naked lady.

I don't think anyone is passing judgement without reason. I'm sure some people will like it. That's cool. But jeez...why give yourself an embalism over the fact that some people don't?

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps