Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » More info on next Transformers series... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: More info on next Transformers series...
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparantly, "Transformers: Armada" going to be on Cartoon Network's Toonami. This is definitely a good sign. At least for me. Because A) Beast Mashines, made for Fox, was nowhere near as good as Beast Wars, and B) Robots in Disguise is on very early in the morning when I am getting my much-needed sleep. I have faith that a series made for Toonami will be at least quasi-decent, and I'll be fully conscious when it's on.

And it's going to be with a new He-Man series. *shrug*

The story, if anyone's interested.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doesn't say whether it's CGI or normal animation.

I too was dissapointed with Beast Machines. I've never been one of those "OpTImSUS pRime IS A TRUCK not A MOnkey!" sort of people. In fact, I thought Beast Wars was an excellent series, and the Transmetal line of Transformers some of the best they have ever done. They were the perfect combination of cool to look at, fun to transform, and poseable. too much nowadays they sacrifice one at the expense of another (even as far back as TMII Dragon Megs. You can't argue that he's a seriously cool looking toy, but transforming him takes the better part of a weekend. Same with Fire Convoy/RID Optimus Prime).

As to the Armada designs, I keep flip flopping between "They look really cool! Optimus is like Star Convoy" and "They look like late G1 stuff, and about as poseable".

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

CaptAlabin
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Armada is supposed to be in Cell animation not CGI. There was a small preview of it at the Toyfare.
IP: Logged
Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool! Looking forward to a decent showing. "Robots in Disguise" is pretty decent, but the only times I got to see it was when they were showing it in the afternoons. Now it's like they gave up.

--------------------
You've got to be kidding!
I'm wet, I'm naked, your sister is wearing my clothes
And this is all part of some evil plot to rule the world as a soggy chimp in my BIRTHDAY SUIT???!!!

Chris StarShade
Ex-Member

Robots in Disguise? Decent? Its the worst Transformer series yet! I remember the original Transformers.

Transformers looks good in computer animation, and in the original cartoonistry, but transformers in ANIME?!!!!!

Sucked big time. Optimus Prime was supposed to be a semi, not a fire truck. And when since do characters yell the name of their attacks and moves when they do them?

No, I like the pre-predacon era, and pre-maximal.

The time when it was just plain old Decepticons Vs. plain old Autobots, with a few con and bot thrown in for fun. (like Constructicons, Dinobots, Aerialbots, Insecticons...)

And when Megatron was a gun instead of a t-rex.

Chris StarShade
Ex-Member

Oh and, by the way, the one in Beast Machines and Beast Wars is not Optimus Prime, but "Optimus Primal" okay... very punny...
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've so lost touch with Transformers. Like Legos, it's nothing more than a distant memory of my childhood. And, like giving my Legos to my cousin, I really regret taking apart all of my Transformer toys.

I only got to see one episode of Beast Machines (I suppose that was it; it was on FOX). The problem is that it always came on about the time I headed out for class. I was getting into Robots in Disguise. It used to come on the half-hour before Trading Spaces. But, for reason the local FOX affiliate dumped it. Maybe I'll actually be able to follow this one (since Cartoon Network doesn't make radical schedule changes).

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New He-Man!?!?!?!?!?!? [Big Grin]

*hyperventilates and dies*

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is a new "He-Man" cartoon really a good thing? I mean, it could spawn more trouble than it's worth. Do we really need another "Masters of the Universe" live-action movie? Do we really need to resurrect "She-Ra?"
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Do we really need another "Masters of the Universe" live-action movie?"

MORE THAN I NEED MY NEXT BREATH YES.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Optimus Prime was supposed to be a semi, not a fire truck.
To use a common TF newsgroup and forum quote.

"OPTmuS Pr!mE 1s a TRuk n0T a M0nk3Y!"

quote:
Sucked big time. Optimus Prime was supposed to be a semi, not a fire truck. And when since do characters yell the name of their attacks and moves when they do them?

You never read the comic, did you? "I, Cliff Jumper will make you pay with my glass-gas gun!"

quote:
Transformers looks good in computer animation, and in the original cartoonistry, but transformers in ANIME?!!!!!

You mean like the movie pretty much was?

quote:
The time when it was just plain old Decepticons Vs. plain old Autobots, with a few con and bot thrown in for fun. (like Constructicons, Dinobots, Aerialbots, Insecticons...)

And Stunticons, Protectobots, Combaticons, Predacons, Horrorcons, Technobots, and so on (and we're not even going to touch the various "...masters".

quote:
And when Megatron was a gun instead of a t-rex.

Megatron hasn't been a T-Rex for about 5 years now. And has been shit pretty much since he stopped being a T-Rex. Although to be fair, i haven't actually seen Megatron/Gigatron/RID one in action.

quote:
Robots in Disguise? Decent? Its the worst Transformer series yet! I remember the original Transformers.

Bully for you. Do you not also remember that is was often really, really bad?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

Apparently, I've missed out on a lot in the Transformers universe.
Chris StarShade
Ex-Member

Apparently, that is because you do not remember it.

The two names for Megatron were Megatron and Galvatron, where did "Gigatron" come from?

The original transformers series was no worse than the stuff they have on now, and was in many respects better. I liked Soundwave, the first Decepticon to sneak into the Autobot base. (just transform into a tape recorder, and let the kid pick you up on his way there...)

Starscream has been immitated by many later Decepticons (particularly "Terror-Soar")

And now, with the Beast Machines thing, and all this talk of "sparks." and what-not...
Okay, when was the last time you saw a machine being mystical? Ahh well, not that it matters...

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The original Transformers series was, sometimes, quite awful. But I love to watch it.

Later Transformers series are also quite awful, with the added bonus that they keep changing the characters away from the things that made the show fun in the first place. Quite frankly, in my eyes, Optimus will always be a truck, not a monkey.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beasties was designed to make the kid buy a new version of the character every season. Kinda a smart selling idea. Sucked if you were a parent.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps