Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Minority Report (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Minority Report
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suppose.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't suggesting that you lied about the quote. I was just wondering if the information contained within the quote was true.
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In other news...
Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ladies and gentleman...The God of Fuck.

Hold your applause, please.

Member # 239

Thank you, thank you.

Oh, you don't mean me. [Frown]

Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's some guy in Ohio that changed his name to "Cardinal Fuck", but I don't think that's related to Marilyn.

Meanwhile, I never realized just how crooked his nose is, until now. Previously I had only noted it's size.

Member # 239

Brian Hugh Warner. His name is Brian Hugh Warner. Will someone simply say Brian Hugh Warner.

Bad. Assss.

Member # 480

I oftentimes mistype Brian as Brain. I only mistype Marilyn as Maryland.
Woodside Kid
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for Woodside Kid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AAAANYWAY.....

I have a major quibble with a plot point in the film (Spoiler ahead)

$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$

Just how do they expect to take Precrime nationwide? According to the wacko doctor in the greenhouse, the three precogs in Washington are the only ones to survive. So, here's the dilemma: do they have the range to go nationwide? If they don't, where are they going to get more precogs for the rest of the country? And if they do, how have they been able to filter out predictions for the thousands of murders nationwide and only focus on D.C.?

--------------------
The difference between genius and idiocy? Genius has its limits.

Brown_supahero
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Brown_supahero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anybody know what song Cruise's character play when he goes on the computer
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No idea on the song. As to the nationalization of pre-crime, if I remember correctly in addition to a visual signal the precogs also delivered a time and location stream. I imagine that such reports would be thus filtered.

I really enjoyed this film. I thought it was fairly well thought out, looked fantastic and was even pretty well acted. I loved how spooky the precogs' visions were. The two wooden balls was a bit much, but I liked most everything else. Maybe Spielberg got spooked at the reviews of AI and EpII.

Scene I liked the best: "I don't hear a red ball, John." alarm sounds.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked the film a lot. Spielberg just keeps surprising. I don't now how to rate this to A.I., which a lot of the world hated, but they were both excellent films.

--------------------
Meh

Elna
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to agree with Veers. AI was a very good film as was Minority Report. AI could easily have been shorter though and still been good.

Oh and is it me or was there a continuity problem?The guy who changed Cruise's eyes said he'd go blind if he took the bandages off before 12 hours were up, and the spiders came to scan him before the twelve hours were gone. Surely he should have gone blind in one eye?? :S

IP: Logged
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just been to see it! Rather good, I thought. Haven't seen AI so I can't really comment, but Minority Report was one of the better films I've seen recently; just one thing, the wooden balls thing was too like the National Lottery (or Lotto as they now insist on calling it). Actually thinking about it, that may have been intentional...

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Elna-- I think the doctor meant that, if he took the banadages off and kept them off altogether, he would go blind. But since his eye was exposed for at most a few seconds, I don't think it would cause him any problem.

--------------------
Meh

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps