Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Avoid MIB2 (a few $$Spoilers$$) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Avoid MIB2 (a few $$Spoilers$$)
Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think so. Something to talk about is all.
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yet another example of people over-anyalizing a movie.

i went with two friends of mine and they laughed a lot and smiled and stuff.. you can tell they were having fun (as did i). but when I asked them what they thought of it when we got out of the theater, they were all uppity and "oh the plot was weak" or "how did they do this" and so on...

it was a FUN movie... something to do.. not a deep thinking one... whatever.

as long as I laugh a few times and have fun.. its a good flick.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agreed, it was good fun - it wasn't like a piece of cinema BILLIANCE - but it was a fun movie. The First movie wasn't that FANTASTIC either - really. I'm suprised it was as popular as it was. I had fun in MIB2 - it wasn't a movie I HAD to see - I just decided to go to the movies and that was on - and I wanted to check it out and compare it with the first movie. I did want to have L still around - but oh well - at LEAST they mentioned her.

LOL! Moment Michael Jackson as an Alien and pleading to be an agent.

Another LOL! Moment the bit... "this will be the last suit you will ever wear... again... wha... just put on the suit". (Or however it went) [Smile]

They didn't really need to do a sequal - but it was a bit of fun, and that's it.

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finally got a chance to see the movie this past weekend. (Two movies in two days... a rarity for me.)

I guess I was expecting something a lot worse when after reading this thread a few weeks ago... I didn't think it was that bad. Yeah, it wasn't nearly as interesting as the original, and some of the other characters were boring. Plus a bunch of the jokes were basically rehashed from the original -- like K blowing off Jeebs's head.

Plus, the villain was pretty week -- I didn't really buy into the strut-around-and-look-sexy routine. The "bug" from the original was creepy (plus I loved the gag about the "Edgar suit"), plus the makeup effects for that guy were outstanding. By comparison, the gross-out of a Medusa-like alien in pristine human form seemed pretty lame.

The big "climax" -- discovering that the woman herself was the Light of Zarthon (or whatever) -- received a big "so what?" for me. There wasn't nearly enough development for that lady for me to care, and the revelation was so far out there that I was left thinking "huh?" instead.

On the other hand, there were still some scenes that were really funny. The subway chase scenes were hilarious -- "Yeah, now y'all are runnin'! and "Thanks for participating in this test of New York's new, energy-efficient subway car." J's habit of neuralizing his partners was also amusing.

One of the reasons I really enjoyed the first "Men in Black" was because of the originality, and because it was an enjoyable sci-fi movie that was completely self-contained, rather than part of an epic multi-movie (or episode) saga. Though I certainly love the epic stories (like "Babylon 5," "Farscape," and "Star Wars") it was still nice to just sit back for a couple of hours and enjoy the fun. In a way, just making a sequel to the first kind of spoiled things. Chalk it all up to Hollywood's cash-cow tendencies.

Anyway, I certainly didn't dislike the movie at all -- I enjoyed it, and the jokes were funny (even the recycled ones). It certainly wasn't what I'd call "high quality" by any means. But it was worth a few bucks to spend an afternoon at the movies.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps