Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Stargate SG-1 (Aug 2nd ep.) (some $$$) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Stargate SG-1 (Aug 2nd ep.) (some $$$)
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW, the fact that Simon posted an amusing comment, and then FOLLOWED IT UP WITHA GRINNING SMILIE has destroyed pretty much everything that has ever been in my soul ever. I...I'm actually crying.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Umm, we didn't actually feed the ParaBorg - the source of the DS9 and VOY tapes for us was a bunch of fellow enthusiasts in the UK. Still, it wouldn't have been commercially viable for individuals to buy the hundreds of hours of tapes, whereas it was quite affordable to do it as a Trek club, and then watch the tapes as a Trek club. And pretend that we weren't paying for the tickets but were merely funding a nonprofit organization which happened to show some noncommercial tapes for free along with its "other" activities. [Roll Eyes]

There's a certain charm to sitting six to eight hours straight in a big dark theater with 150 other nutcases and watching a selection of TV sci-fi's proudest moments. Or Space:1999. We even had nights dedicated to Teletubbies and Duracell bunny commercials at one point (I'm not kidding!). Ah, those were the days...

Timo Saloniemi

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aww, the horror of living at the edge of out planet (Europe). Last night I've taped the premiere of the second part of Summit while I've already seen most of season 6, the last episode included (praise the internet, fellow non-U.S.-fans...!) [Smile]

I liked that show, but I didn't see the Bat'leth. I have to watch that part again I think. [Smile] I really don't know what's going on with the Tok'ra. That Tok'ra being the undercover System Lord guy was really good, but of course he was already dead by the beginning of the last act. [Frown]

My season favourite was Abyss, btw, but Billingley was hillarious. [Smile]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Timo: I think you mean the Energizer bunny. Unless something is very wrong w/ the commercials you get in Europe...

Also, couldn't people copy the tapes you get? For example, someone copies the tape that's sent from overseas. Then they lend that copy to someone, and that person make a copy. Then that person lends their copy to someone to make a copy. And so on until everyone has a copy. That way, no single tape gets used over and over again, thus getting worn out.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sol: Actually, I didn't miss the fact that Billingsley was in it, I just forgot to mention it. [Wink] Although he seemed a lot shorter here than as Phlox. Not quite sure why that is, unless he's standing on a milk crate in Enterprise. His "Trekkie" routine in the show was hilarious, especially being emphatic about correcting his coworker who called his convention outfit Klingon when he was quite obviously a Vulcan! (Not seen onscreen, though. [Frown] THAT would have made me fall out of my chair!)

B.J.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, couldn't people copy the tapes you get? For example, someone copies the tape that's sent from overseas. Then they lend that copy to someone, and that person make a copy. Then that person lends their copy to someone to make a copy. And so on until everyone has a copy. That way, no single tape gets used over and over again, thus getting worn out.

They COULD, but after about four generations with your average VCRs it'd become unwatchable.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do people often get busted for buying tapes of Star Trek over there? What's the prison term for that, anyway?

Somehow I think you'll be okay...I doubt a group of geeks gathered to exhaustively examine transporter protocols on "pirate" tapes is a major concern of INTERPOL.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"You see them over there? They're retransmitting Major League Baseball with implied ORAL concent, not express WRITTEN concent."

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's something ticklin' me funny bone what with Omega saying "oral concent" and all. Or maybe my dirty ol' mind is foolin' with me again.

Anyway, from personal experience, making copies from copies on VCRs isn't going to work well. Just think back to TNG's "Up the Ladder" with the genetically engineered colony that kept cloning its clones.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of these could solve that problem.
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish Enterprise was more like SG1, The character development in SG1 is perfect.
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't watch SG1, so I'm not up to the date with all the stuff. So,

$$$$$$$$$$

Who/What are they going to replace Daniel with? Have they? Has he already died or whatnot?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe he did some sort of metaphysical ascension dealie in season 5, and they replaced him w/ some random guy.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jonas...Quinn, I think, thus proving the producers listened to too much Weezer while in college.

Maybe not Quinn. Q something.

Anyway, he isn't too bad.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

IMDb says you == correct.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps