Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Stargate SG1 "Disclosure" (Spoilers) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Stargate SG1 "Disclosure" (Spoilers)
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am wondering how many here watch the show. I hung around after Farscape last week. It was a clip show, which worked well for me, as I hadn't watched a entire episode of SG before this one.
We got to see:
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
The government telling china, England and France about the stargate, and their reactions. The General and Senator struggle for control, and just when it looked like the rep from China would tell the world, and the Senators covert group would take controll, the General played his ace, and Thor, The Supreme Leader of the Asgard, transported into the room and was introduced. All agreed with Thor and the General that the gate should remain in the control of the SG1 team for now.

I had someone at another forum tell me that Thor's animatronics were costly, but he looked pretty cheap to me. He was refering to the mouth and the way it was syncronized with the sound track, but I guess I'm a little jaded when it comes to F/X. The only impressive clips I saw was the new ship the SG1 team built.

Anyway, I think the episode has pulled me in, I saw an older ep later in the weekend, Staring Marina Sertis. I enjoyed that one as well. I'll have to think about the DVD's.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just wish the DVDs would come out in America. Only season 1 and 2 are out, but Region 2 has like every season.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll take that as if you watch and like the show.

--------------------
Think!
EMSparks

Shalamar:

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like the show, yes. Watch the show, no. I haven't been able to watch TV really since I joined the Navy.

Which really sucked, when I joined it was still on Showtime, a channel I didn't have, so I had to catch the irregularly aired syndicated episodes. When it finally goes to Sci-Fi Channel and aired from the beginning I'm in the Navy and still can't watch new episodes.

Overseas they call seasons series, and Region 2 has up to series 5 episode 22 on DVD. I don't get why they can't release seasons that quickly here. TNG and DS9 seasons came out pretty fast.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

Probably has more to do with who is releaseing them. They know it wont air in some places, so they put it out a little at a time, and make more money.

--------------------
Think!
EMSparks

Shalamar:

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the show, but don't have showtime. So I've only been able to see the eps I was able to download, which is most of them through seson 4. I think "Wormhole X-treme" was around the last one I saw.

I'll have to wait until I can catch some reruns.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is no longer on Showtime. Plus, syndication.

I caught the last 15 minutes or so, and thought the French guy was German. Huh. But: was he there strictly as a representative for France, or for the European Union?

I thought it was interesting and kind of risky that the gate is now under U.S. jurisdiction thanks almost entirely to alien intervention. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, the Asgard seem justified in wanting to deal with who they're comfortable with, but I would think, in the long run, the sense that the Asgard were making all the decisions might engender more conflict on Earth than if they had stayed out of it.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, possibly, but you have to take into account the alternative, i.e. the NID having control of the gate.

As for France, I think the idea was that the five countries were the permanant members of the security council, and also five of the seven declared nuclear powers.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stargate SG-1 rocks.

Thor's animatronics are fairly simplistic, but I'm far more impressed with the CGI Asgard (Thor's race) they periodically use. Funky note: Thor is voiced by Daniel Jackson actor Michael Shanks, and did so even during his abscence in the current season.

"Disclosure" is part of the SG-1 continuing storyline, which in general has been very well preserved. The Russians found out about the Stargate after Thor's ship crashed into the ocean with the primary Stargate aboard it (long story). They found it and were using it while SG1 was using the gate they found in the antarctic (longer story) with the help of a rogue NID agent (an even longer story!). China and the other countries started asking questions when a Goa'uld ship crashed in the ocean at the top of this season, and this episode is the result.

S3 Mark Nguyen
SG-12 Ass-Kicking

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And to lengthen the story, the Beta gate found in Antarctica was destroyed during a thwarted attempt by Anubis to destroy the planet. We are currently renting the Alpha gate from Russia.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shanks only did Thor's voice for season six. I miss the original Thor's voice, myself.
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

I watched lst nights episode. Not bad, but predictable. It was pretty easy to tell who the bad guys really were, after the first attack. Got to see Parker Lewis as an adult, which was a little strange.

I hope Shanks is better on this show then he was on Andromeda. He did one episode, and both he and it were pretty bad.

--------------------
Think!
EMSparks

Shalamar:

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shanks was okay on Andromeda - he was saddled witha crappy plot on a mediocre show which at the time held much promise. And AFAIK, he was Thor for ALL of his appearances.

Today I DLed the last two eps of season six... Wow. Lots of stuff explodes but good! And it's interesting how the season finale was originally meant to be the SERIES finale, and they finished it the way they did to supposedly lead to the spinoff show.

Mark

--------------------

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

Hi, my name is Ed, and i'm addicted to DVD. I keep walking into fye and buying seasons of TV shows. It started with Buffy, then went to Babylon-5, then I,Clavdivs, and yesterday it was not one but two seasons of Stargate.

I've watched the first twelve episodes already and I forsee a weekend of little or nothing but Stargate. Maybe some food, now and then, and the occational restroom break.

--------------------
Think!
EMSparks

Shalamar:

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Hehe... Season 2 is when the show really starts to take off. However, the premiere is what really set it off for me. The sight of those snakeheads blasting through the gate the first time still gives me chills when I watch it.

To think, that evening in 1997 I was getting ready to tape a rerun of VOY "Nemesis" and I get SG-1 instead. Didn't really look back after that. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps