Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Children Of Dune: Huh? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Children Of Dune: Huh?
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
The main difference is that gholas have the same personality and access to all the memories of their previous life. The Vorta are gholas, for instance.

The Gholas had to have their past life memories "induced" as did the Teg clone, I don't think that the memories are the distinguishing factor since they are supposedly genetic, which is where the BG's inner voices come from and how Alia came to be possessed by the Baron.
So if the memories are genetic then both Ghola and clone will possess them.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The main difference is that gholas have the same personality and access to all the memories of their previous life."

I didn't say that they had them automatically, simply that they were there, and while in the Herbertverse memories are available to the select few with superpowers, gholas are a seperate case, and ghola-memory is different than what Paul or the Reverend Mothers can do.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Duncan needed the trauma to trigger his memories.

If I could choose, I'd rather do it the Teg way, I think. Hmm. *Farnsworthspeak* Oh yes...

I am so interested in hearing more about the Honored Matres. I hope Frank Herbert left more manuscripts and instructions for "Dune VII" than he did for the three sequels, dude that shit is whacked!
We've had a nice flight, don't fuck up the landing, Brian Herbert.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I didn't say that they had them automatically, simply that they were there, and while in the Herbertverse memories are available to the select few with superpowers, gholas are a seperate case, and ghola-memory is different than what Paul or the Reverend Mothers can do.
As I understand it, it's all apart of the same mechanisum. That the Gholas and Clones can access the memories with their previous life with such reletive ease just means that those memories are much closer to the "surface" than the ancestral memories.
For the Bene Gesserit and their super beings it still takes an emotional delema or a supreamely stressful experiance to unlock their genetic memories, the only difference with the Gholas own trial is the level of severity.
I'm sure if a Ghola was created of a woman suitible to be a Bene Gesserit and fed her the water of life then, assuming she survived, I'm sure that it would unlock all of her female ancestors memories including those of her original life.

With Paul and his offspring it's a little differant because they were especially bread to be able to recover both male and female ancestral memories, but the catylist remains the same.

quote:
If I could choose, I'd rather do it the Teg way, I think. Hmm. *Farnsworthspeak* Oh yes...
Well sure he got a good show but he never really got anywhere with her, did he? [Wink]
Mind you I can't see them filming that scene in any upcomming Mini-series, not without tweeking Tegs age somewhat.

quote:
I am so interested in hearing more about the Honored Matres. I hope Frank Herbert left more manuscripts and instructions for "Dune VII" than he did for the three sequels, dude that shit is whacked!
We've had a nice flight, don't fuck up the landing, Brian Herbert.

Apparantly they found a complete outline for book VII, unfortunatly Brian and Kevin seam to have mined alot of that for use in their two prequal trilogies to a point where it's pretty obvious just what the Honored Matres were running from and what Paul and Leto were so afraid of that it drove Paul into a Universe wide slaughter and Leto into his Golden Path.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sincerely doubt these alleged notes exist as anything other than a marketing tool.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps