Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » OMG X-Men II (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: OMG X-Men II
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But in that cut scene, Connor says "There's one more thing we have to do." I suppose he could have meant reprogram and send back 2 terminators. But "one more thing" suggests he was just talking about just the Arnie T they sent back in T2.

And wouldn't Connor also remember the events of T3 at that point?

Interestingly, the trailer for T3 says that the T-X is designed to kill other cybernatic devices, implying that it's actually after the new Arnie T and not Connor. There also appear to be a significant number of "future" scenes. Perhaps the future events in this movie take place after the future events in the first two.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rather than the frequently used Hunter-Killer hovercopter, I'd like to see those bigass Robot tanks from the first movie's future sequence,
a robot torso with caterpillar legs and several turrets. The one that killed Reese's cute sister in arms?

Has anyone ever done a 3d-model or CGI-art of that robot?
Or do any of you guys have a picture of it, from the T1-DVD SE?

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And wouldn't Connor also remember the events of T3 at that point?

Again, depends on exactly which alternate timeline loop we were seeing (or not seeing) in that scene. It's all convoluted.

http://www.mjyoung.net/time/index.htm

Check that site out.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My head hurts... but i think i understood most of that....

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found this fansite, lots of images of units and vehichles from all the movies, including the Hunter/Killer Tank.
No story spoilers, but the pics of the units themselves could be seen as spoilers.

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/s.billen/resistance_hq.htm

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Omega:
And IIRC, the T-1000 was a prototype.

Indeed and while Kyle said in T1 that the 800 Series was new, they were obviously not brand new since he had operational knowledge of them.

Also there were supposed to be Cyborg Terminators in the T2 battle sequences alongside the endoskeletons. I presume that the Terminator seen in Kyle's dream sequence was also an 800 series and not one of those rubber-skinned ones he mentioned.

Perhaps Skynet did intend to attack Connor at every possible point in time but only had time to send those two (or three) before it was destroyed.
The script did say that the vault at the temporal displacement complex had HUNDREDS of Terminators on ice.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It also said that they were all of the "Arnold model".

Isn't that a bit daft? If I have my Terminator tech right, T-800 refers to the skeleton and base design, and the 101 series means that they've had Arnie's skin poured on top, right?

Doesn't designed hundreds of Arnie shaped Infiltaror Terminator's sound really stupid? The whole point of them is for them to pass as human. Surely the human resistance would eventually realise that if an Austrian bodybuilder turned up, it would be best to blow the fucker away?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No there were hundreds of T-800s, there were only ten (minus one) "Arnold" models.
If you read it again it says that the racks were arranged in rows of ten and that only the Terminators within each row look the same.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

So, then, presumably the one that was missing is the one SkyNet sent back in the first movie. The second one Connor looked at is the one he reprogrammed and sent back in the second movie.

I'll still be curious to find out where the T 101 from the third movie comes from, who sent him, and why.

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since Corona's down, I can't access the rumors any more. Do we know that this Arnold character is, in fact, a T-800 terminator, and not the human model?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

I just watched the trailer again to be sure, and yes, it's an Arnie Terminator. There is a scene where pieces of his face are coming off. Also, he gets thrown through a building and survives... so... I doubt he's human [Smile]

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Nim
Member # 205

I've wondered about a couple of things ever since I saw T2.

In the first movie, the war was fought mainly with big, airborne and mobile Hunter-Killer units, with the T800:s as slick infiltrators and refined assassins.

In T2 and also in the trailer for T3, the T800:s are more or less cannon fodder, pumped out by the hundreds, without flesh or armor, just bare parts.

Is this a smart move by SkyNet? Sending Rolls-Royces without protection into war? Is it cost-effective? Especially since, in the future flashforward in T2, when we see the adult John Connor, SkyNet is supposed to be losing the war.
Isn't prudence and damage control a smarter move at that point?

Also, the first T800 we see, stomping on the human skull, has synthetic eyeglobes installed. The others don't, they glow red. Is this a coincedence?

Another thing; were the fighting T800's CGI or were they really walking robots? Or puppeteered through strings? They don't move as fluidly as a human would, suggesting some sort of mockup.

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CGI wasn't always as impressive as it was today! No, those were animatronic.

Also, if Skynet is losing and desperate enough to try fucking with the timeline, why shouldn't it start using T-800 units, until now kept in reserve and used sparingly, as cannon fodder?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do we know Skynet was losing? Or that anyone was winning for that matter? Where is this information coming from? That was an amusing webpage on the various terminator models btw, but where does this all come from?
Omega
Member # 91

Well, see, there are these movies...

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps