Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ Symbolism in the Matrix movies (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: $$ Symbolism in the Matrix movies
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friend brought up an interesting idea. Zion is another level of control, but what if it's not really real? What if the awakening and Zion are all just another program?

*GASP*

How could nobody else have thought of this! Your friend has a truly amazing intellect. [Wink]

I think it was Dozer they talked about, in the Zion apartment.

No, "I lost two brothers to that ship." Unless there was a third one, it's gotta be Tank.

Assuming that Smith found a way to actually put himself in that guy's brain, my impression was that he was cutting into his hand just to see what it felt like.

That was my impression as well. He did seem a bit... unstable regarding humans in the first movie. Imagine after that, becoming one.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cutting yourself is'nt normal? [Confused]
Phht.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did not hate this movie near as much as I had expected to. I mean it got REALLY pretentious at several points but the humor about Morpheus being nuts and a couple of other points kept it in check.

So, I had a stupid idea. That idea was that after the point that Neo enters the 'Core' or the 'Center' or the 'thingy what's in the middle of the important stuff' that he does not leave it. That at that point 'the Architect' is tricking him into believing he is outside The Matrix in order to learn more about his anomaly or whatever nefarious plan he has for Neo.

Also, because I have been drinking I wonder whether the machines (AIs, whatever) might not be aware of the humans simply as imperfect programs and perceive the 'real' world as artificially as we perceive the matrix. But I'm sort of drunk and while this seems clever now, someone is sure to burst my bubble when I get up to check the boards in the morning...

Also, the crow is the archetypical psychopomp, conveying souls from the world of the living to the world of the dead, etc.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"That at that point 'the Architect' is tricking him into believing he is outside The Matrix in order to learn more about his anomaly or whatever nefarious plan he has for Neo."

Your thoughts are clear, Mac-San! Program Boy must have had a contingency plan to prevent Neone from fucking over the machines (after all, if humanity kicks the bucket, so will they).

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neo asked that same question. He claimed that the Architect would never allow humanity to completely be destroyed because it would mean the end of the machines as well. The Architect replaied that "there are levels of survival we are prepared to accept" which would seem to indicate that, even if Neo did choose to leave, there would be some, comparatively unpleasant, means for the machines to continue existing.

Doesn't matter. I don't believe anything the Architect said anyway.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So they're cool with living forever as toasters?

Mabye they plan on dormantcy until that pesky "no sunlight" issue corrects itself.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why don't they build a big spaceship and go and live on Mercury? Lots of sun there. [Smile]
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That idea was that after the point that Neo enters the 'Core' or the 'Center' or the 'thingy what's in the middle of the important stuff' that he does not leave it. That at that point 'the Architect' is tricking him into believing he is outside The Matrix in order to learn more about his anomaly or whatever nefarious plan he has for Neo.

Of course, then we have to ask why we can see things going on while Neo's unconscious.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ugly contract dispute.
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
So they're cool with living forever as toasters?

Finally, another role for Talky Toaster!!!

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps