Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » New V a "go" (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New V a "go"
darkwing_duck1
Member # 790

- posted      Profile for darkwing_duck1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Weeeell....if you limit it to ONLY the initial mini-series, then yes.
I agree that "V" was very good for it's time and had untold potential.

Too bad the series blew all that potential.

It's really hard to accept a premise of "as long as you ignore 90% of the stuff after the pilot it was great" as a reason to revive something.

Still, I'll probably watch it and hope for the best. They're at least continuing with original actors and aknowledging that time has past between series.
I much prefer this track of thinking over the "re-imagining" of Battlestar Galactica. [Wink]

I know what you mean..."V:The Series" was a horrid mess. NBC tried to do it on the cheap, and kept meddling with it. AFAIK, NO ONE who considers themselves a big V fan likes the series (as a whole, there WERE a couple of good eps).
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, you now it was bad if it's not still in cable syndication.
Sci-Fi still shows sorry shows like "Kolcheck the Night Stalker" all the time but no one shows "V: The Series".

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Axeman 3D
Member # 1050

- posted      Profile for Axeman 3D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kolchak helped spawn stuff like 'The X-Files' and had some interesting writing, V the Series was a crummy cheap spin-off from a 'made for TV' movie, so no surprises that it bombed. V was basically retelling the Nazi occupation of Europe in a post Star Wars time, so you have to wonder what they were thinking with a mini-series. How did the guy pitch it to the execs, "it's 'Nazis 2; the series!" Or would it be more like "we payed for lots of effects shots and costumes, lets reuse them. Sci-fi fans are dolts, they watch anything with spaceships in it!" Sad thing is, they're partly right.

--------------------
www.kennyscrap.com - where I download crap I make.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps