Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » A theory about the ending of Reloaded (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: A theory about the ending of Reloaded
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(this has been scientifically proven by the way).

(I am the best lover in the world by the way).

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Proteus:
Hmm. I think no. I stand with the matrix-within a matrix theroy.

I seriously doubt the Brothers would choose such an obvious, hackneyed approach.
It would be a horrendous cop-out and a supreme disappointment if turns out to be so.

As for how Neo is suddenly able to fry Sentinels, it seams reasonable enough that being "The One" is more than just the ability to fart arse about in the virtual world. More likely it has something to do with the next stage in human evolution, brought on by the interaction of mind and machine. Also remember that the human body is capable of producing a significant amount of electricity (the whole reason for the matrix).
So perhaps the abilities of the one are all about control, control over the world of the Matrix and control over the body itself (Neo did rise from the dead once).
Which could also partially explain the reason for his coma, he simply used up a great deal of his body's electrical charge and his brain just shut down, or rather went onto standby to conserve power. [Wink]

If I understand the plot correctly, the other "Ones" didn't live much longer after they met the Architect so they could also have gone on to develop this skill, if only they had chosen the Architect's own "Blue Pill" as it were.

As for the subject of the next film, I have a feeling it'll be mostly concerned with the consequences of Smith's actions, he seams to have become some exotic form of computer virus which is ironic (perhaps intentionally so) considering his words to Morpheus in the first movie.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quoting as ironic commentary tactic, coming up:
quote:
I seriously doubt the Brothers would choose such an obvious, hackneyed approach.
quote:
More likely it has something to do with the next stage in human evolution, brought on by the interaction of mind and machine.
Charitable observation: The Wachowskis are not very afraid of cliches.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fair point, but the forced evolution thing is still somewhat less hackneyed than the old Twilight Zone, dream within a dream bit.

--------------------

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part of it will depend on exactly why Neo is The One. Did the anomalies in the Matrix just choose him at random? Or did the machines in control modify him in some way so that he would, by design, become the One? And if so, did they make any sort of biological modifications that might account for his new abilities?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Every time any character ingests anything in the films it has some sort of significance. The Merovingian makes his special cakes. Red pills. Blue pills. What have you. Anyway. After the Oracle tells Neo he isn't the one, the first time they met, she gave him a cookie. He ate it.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Ok, so Oracle cookie = THEONE_Patch-v5.1 ?

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Maybe. On the other hand, now that I think about, Cypher's steak didn't seem to serve as anything other than what it was presented as. Anyway, I just thought that maybe the cookie was the bit of code they wanted reinserted into the "source."
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But if they HAD the code...

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Of course they had the code, regardless of its immediate origin. They're the ones who set up the "One" protocol in the first place. The manner in which it is reinserted is the important part, as per Colonel Sanders.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps