Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ Animatrix $$ (reviews ala Simon) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: $$ Animatrix $$ (reviews ala Simon)
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Short & sweet.

Anti-Simon.

Giant & sour.

ZING!

Dr Phlox
Member # 680

- posted      Profile for Dr Phlox         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since talking about your swizel sticks stops u long enough to stop rewinding the part in Final Frontier where Uhura Feather dances then my geeks I've made the world a better place.
--------------------------
Axel Foley: Don't you think I realize what's going on here, miss? Who do you think I am, huh? Don't you think I know that if I was some hotshot from out of town that pulled inside here and you guys made a reservation mistake, I'd be the first one to get a room and I'd be upstairs relaxing right now. But I'm not some hotshot from out of town, I'm a small reporter from "Rolling Stone" magazine that's in town to do an exclusive interview with Michael Jackson that's gonna be picked up by every major magazine in the country. I was gonna call the article "Michael Jackson Is Sitting On Top of the World," but now I think I might as well just call it "Michael Jackson Can Sit On Top of the World Just As Long As He Doesn't Sit in the Beverly Palm Hotel 'Cause There's No Niggers Allowed in There!"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you want to make the world a better place, please shoot your computer.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Dr Phlox
Member # 680

Snay I pray they let u out of your basement soon to see some sunlight.
Say it with me Wooosah. [Embarrassed]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't live in a basement, I live in a 2-bedroom apartment because I work my ass off and I can afford nice things. I wish someone would buy you a dictionary so you can learn to properly communicate within the English language. Loser.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Dr Phlox
Member # 680

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOsahhhhhhhhhh [Embarrassed]
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Why do I reply to you? Oh, right, I'm drawn to trolls like I'm drawn to deer. I'm Snay: The Deer Slayer. Sort of like Buffy with demons, trolls get thrown in there somewhat randomly. You're mine Phlox-o-rama.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like a fresh morning rain shower, so shall I piss on the bickering in this thread. And I just drank a Super Gulp from the 7-11.

Let's stay on topic so that I may not have to urinate on the tirade.

This has been a public service announcement from The Committee To Keep Siegfried's Penis In His Pants.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That committee must not be called upon often. B)
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, Uhura dancing in ST V was enough to make my penis run up to my spleen and hide for at least three weeks.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Talk about injaculation. Stop already. Jeez-X.

Hey I have something to keep Siegfried to himself. Something like being on topic, and yet somewhat self-important with my reviews of these fine animations.

The one I liked the best was predictably "Matriculation" because Peter Chung gets TEH POWW4R Up!!1!! and he makes me think about things that I might not have otherwise in a kind of tragic-comic way.

But the one I liked second best is sure to start a row. I liked "World Record" the second most best. I liked that crazy hyper-exaggerated ultra-contrast drawing style. I really liked the story.

I did not like "Detective Story" as it really didn't go anywhere new. I mean it was cool and it looked neat, but kind of dragged.

"Kid's Story" was interesting only that the kid outted himself or whatever and the animation was cool, but his disaffection was clearly not scribed by one who has had the pleasure of an American education (and before anyone starts telling me that Larry and Andy wrote it, I should mention that on the extras they talk about how Larry and Andy's script started with the kid at the school.)

"Osiris" was incredible eye-candy. The faces were better and more expressive than even Final Fantasy. The story wasn't too bad, but I found it kind of cookie-cutter.

"The Second Renaissances" were amazingly cool. Really excellent and unrelenting, unflinching style that underlined the theme of human arrogance/self-destructiveness and yet wasn't too preachy. I heart this animation style. Never seen Blue Sub 6, but I'm curious to now. That guy seems like he does not rest. Very cool. My problem was maybe more with it's integration into "The Matrix" as saga. Like I liked this independent of the whole "Matrix" world, but then I never really liked the whole human battery premise anyway so, I'm probably just biased.

"Program" cool. Uh. Ninja scroll, much?

"Beyond" was probably the most human of the stories. I liked it very much. It's weird and had this very dream-like quality without huge over-arching exciting� plot twists. I just thought it was a cool and original little vignette.

Pretty much the only one I was actually disappointed with was "Detective Story", and that was more a problem with story than anything else. Very cool. I will likely buy this soon.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Dr Phlox
Member # 680

Did anybody understand World Record?
I think he was running so fast he almost ran right out of the Matrix.
---------------------
If they can't take a joke fuck 'em. [Big Grin]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps