Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » They never give up, do they. (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: They never give up, do they.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hmmm... ok... I can accept the mini Gathering. Maybe just an unusally large number of Immortals had been hanging around New York and it felt odd to them. All that Quickening floating about and such.
I think that's the general idea. Of course, NYC certainly had a small population of Immortals compared to Paris or Seacouver. But the theory goes that when such a large number of Immortals are in such an relatively small area, there's a bit of "blood lust" (which probably explains why Duncan has plenty of opportunities to take a head).

quote:
But you're right... ignoring the series was stupid. If the series was running at the time, and especially seeing as Conner was IN THE FIRST EPISODE... why not tie the two together then instead of waiting for Endgame?
Yes! Especially since ignoring the Series meant that when they did Endgame they could ignore Final Dimension/Sorcerer ... it's all one big ugly loop.

quote:
However, I believe we've discussed before, that Endgame pretty much throws a kink in the timeline of 1, 3, and the series. I don't remember the details, but somehow Conner going to Sanctuary when it's said he did in the film messes with other events from other movies and flashbacks.
It messes with the third film, but with the exception of Duncan being married, Endgame really doesn't effect the Series timeline too much. If we assume that Connor went to Sanctuary shortly after "The Gathering" (the Series premier episode), everything more or less works out. IIRC, in "The Mountain Men" (a few episodes later), Duncan returns from a trip to New York early in the episode. This could be where the NYC flashback in "Endgame" is. Of course, he looks a bit cheery in the episode considering his clansman has vanished off the face of the earth ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stoopid work.

1) Okay, I can accept the abbey thing being in France after all. But I still think they *meant* it to be in England, and that they just screwed it up in production. Wouldn't be the first time (Kalas' hideout, anyone?).

2) I do believe that Duncan mentioned that he was in Paris at the time Connor phoned him. He could have visited any time in early 1993, before Darius died. Not the best spring for the guy.

3) Lots of people like to think that Highlanders II and III were what Connor was dreaming while in the Sanctuary. [Wink]

4) Well, with Duncan spending half a year in Seacouver and Paris, there's time for evil Immortals to move in in time for him to depopulate the city when he comes back. [Wink]

5) I wouldn't call Kate a "marriage", given they were married less than a day when he did the thing with the knife. The writers are actually on record as saying they don't believe Duncan really considered it a marriage, thus (generally) preserving the continuity.

6) The Watcher's chronicle in "The Watchers" lists the Kurgan being born not too long before Connor - I think it was 1453 or thereabouts. The novel suggests his actual age at around 3000, right up there with Cassandra, Ramirez, Ashe, and probably at some of the Horsemen.

Check out this timeline.

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
1) Okay, I can accept the abbey thing being in France after all. But I still think they *meant* it to be in England, and that they just screwed it up in production. Wouldn't be the first time (Kalas' hideout, anyone?).
What was wrong with Kalas' hideout? We're talking about the dungeon, right?

quote:
3) Lots of people like to think that Highlanders II and III were what Connor was dreaming while in the Sanctuary.
Connor must've been taking some 'shrooms [Big Grin]

quote:
5) I wouldn't call Kate a "marriage", given they were married less than a day when he did the thing with the knife. The writers are actually on record as saying they don't believe Duncan really considered it a marriage, thus (generally) preserving the continuity.
If they hadn't consumated, it wouldn't have been a legal marriage. So maybe they just both passed out after the big sha-bang, and he woke up first?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Highlander!
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amanda escapes from Kalas' place at the end of Finale Part I. Then everyone spends about all of Part II looking for the damn place. The producers admitted they made a gaffe, and forgot to change the location of Kalas' basement after Amanda's stunt double busts up the joint.

Mark

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Pshft. I think Amanda wanted Kalas to release the CD so she and Duncan could run off to some remote South Pacific island and she could have his libido whenever she wanted it.

Also - it seems The Source actually IS in the works, although Adrian Paul hasn't committed to it yet. It may indeed be a prequel.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

quote:
Originally posted by Malnurtured Snay:
Pshft. I think Amanda wanted Kalas to release the CD so she and Duncan could run off to some remote South Pacific island and she could have his libido whenever she wanted it.

Umm, she ALREADY does that!

Mark

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps