Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Who are your picks of the best alien character/s in the film and sci-fi media and why (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Who are your picks of the best alien character/s in the film and sci-fi media and why
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The alien from The Thing.
It's really nothing seen before it, it's intelligent and does'nt try to communicate even once with the poor bastards it's wiping out.
...and the couch scene is fucking amazingly scary and funny at the same time.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AVON
Member # 1186

- posted      Profile for AVON     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the Movies my favourite Alien creature(s) are the "ALIEN" from the original movie and, the "PREDATOR" likewise. AGREE I also hope the merging of the two dosen't ruin them.

As, to in tv:

1 - The "DOCTOR" from "DW".
2 - "Mr. SPOCK" from the original "ST".
3 - "KRYTEN/CAT" from "RED DWARF".

--------------------
"Have you betrayed US? Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

http://www.avon-paul-darrow.co.uk
http://www.blakes-7.co.uk
http://www.incredibleworlds.com

Avon.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Martians from "Mars Attacks!". They seem to having so much fun in utterly destroying mankind.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too many options! ARGGHHH!

Movies: "Alien" has to be one of the most clever creations and just down right bad.

TV: "Rev Bem" was a cool character. I also love the "Doctor"

Books: I love the bears from Gordon Dickson's "The Right to Arm Bears" hilarious!

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Farscape's Scorpius.

Why? Because he's not your typical "I'm going to conquer the universe because it is my destiny so there BWAHAHAHA!" villain. Sure, he's done a lot of Evil ThingsTM, but he's doing them all to save the universe.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh! The Daleks need to be mentioned. One of the most futile technical designs, but still unrelenting in their quest to EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! the entire universe. I bet they're really nice guys once you get to know them, though.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure, he's done a lot of Evil ThingsTM, but he's doing them all to save the universe.

So he claims. One never quite knows with him.

unrelenting in their quest to EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! the entire universe.

Oh, tell me they're not out to "KILL EVERYONE!!!!!!!!" I hate aliens who have no other motivation.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daleks only want to EXTERMINATE! everyone because they were designed to unclog toilets with that sill plunger arm....

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AVON
Member # 1186

- posted      Profile for AVON     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Harry
quote:
Oh! The Daleks need to be mentioned. One of the most futile technical designs, but still unrelenting in their quest to EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! the entire universe. I bet they're really nice guys once you get to know them, though.
Guess, that you'd lose your bet then as, the "DALEKS" most certainly aren't nice guys, not one bit!!!

--------------------
"Have you betrayed US? Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

http://www.avon-paul-darrow.co.uk
http://www.blakes-7.co.uk
http://www.incredibleworlds.com

Avon.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder if he could've been joking...
Flying Minister
Member # 1177

- posted      Profile for Flying Minister     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TV: I'd also have to go with Zathras. I mean, he's just like dirt. Used to "everyone" walking on him. And who doesn't like dirt.

The Reavers, from Firefly. You never saw them, but you got a good idea what they were about by people's reaction to them. And by the effects of their handiwork. I know they aren't really aliens, but not really human anymore either.

I also like K-9. The Doctor's dog. Every hero should have a dog.

Movie: It's so hard to pick just one. The Aliens and the Predator were both pretty cool. Kinda liked the big robot from "The Day The Earth Stood Still." I can't really pick.

--------------------
�����
Learn it, know it, live it.

Starship Salvage Ops
Member # 1212

- posted      Profile for Starship Salvage Ops     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought Ro from TNG was hot. Not my favorite, but she gets a mention just because of her personality and looks.

Spock as someone else mentioned, Intergalactic Master of deadpan gets my vote as number one. McCoy would be a close second as Gracie.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"McCoy would be a close second as Gracie."

Huh?

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember what Niven said about trying to understand an alien's motivation:

"He's not really violent - he just needs a bathroom... BAD."

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hadn't heard that Niven thing before, but I really like it.

I'm not understanding the 'Gracie' thing either. Did I get really old all of a sudden, or is newbie just using newspeak? Maybe he's somehow drawing some protracted and convoluted martial arts parallel about the Gracie school of Jiu-Jitsu floor-grappling. That would be cool.

For some reason I just watched 'The Abyss' again with the special edition and the stuff. And while the NTIs aren't exactly heart-wrenchinginly conflicted well-developed enticing characters, they do LOOK incredible and alien and different from a lot of other stuff out there. With the transparency and the lightshow and the water and the stuff. I'm sticking to my votes above, but I do think these designs probably ought to merit at least an honorable mention.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps