Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » A L I E N - Director's Cut (for Halloween?) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: A L I E N - Director's Cut (for Halloween?)
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reasons for:

� Cool dog-spawned alien instead of human-spawned

� Little John from "Robin of Sherwood" is in it!
-"Fighting monks???? I thought you were the only one, Tuck!"

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually thought that Alien 3 was better than Alien 4. Though the plot of Alien 3 was dark and somewhat strange, it was better than the complete weirdness and impossibility of Alien Resurrection.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I agree. Alien� was like ordering a T-bone and getting some hamburgers, very nice hamburgers but hamburgers nonetheless.
Alien Resurrection felt like trying to drink a gallon of strawberry milk in under one hour.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim:

Alien Resurrection felt like trying to drink a gallon of strawberry milk in under one hour.

In under five minutes.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
Member # 205

Well I liked Michael Wincott and Brad Dourif, but as with all sequels made since 1990, the forced insertion of comedy relief and sidekicks tears down movies that were originally made to scare people, damnit.

Predator: Torn down, *"pussyface" (*Danny Glover quote)

Terminator: Torn down, babee. (I actually had nightmares of the T1 robot catching up to me in that dark factory corridor and ripping my spine out before I could close the door)

Alien: Cranium-crushing tongue? Torn out, here, take it as a souvenir.

Gollum: Pacified, now all girls think he's cute and have a cute voice. Great. He used to smother babies and eat them, y'know.

Vader: Dark, unrelenting, merciless Lord of Destruction? Try angsty teen. Is that Linkin' Park I hear from his speeder com?

You know, Tolkien hesitated to publish the Silmarillion.
He wanted to, but both The Hobbit and LOTR had been built on the untold stories of the ancient world, only hinted at from time to time by people like Gandalf and Elrond.
Should they be told, he feared the magic would go away.
Like seeing a magnificent mountain far away then walking up to it and seeing just a big rock.

The 'Silmarillion' and 'History of Middle Earth' withstood close scrutiny, as it turned out.
IMO, the Clone Wars didn't. But that ain't over yet, so I'll not say more about that.

And I'm definitely getting that Alien DC.
If they update the Alien Collector's Box with that, I'm holding out for the box, of course.

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well the Silmarillion was a *bit* dry.

It's like the mystery of where the aliens came from or Wolverine's origin: the less you know, the cooler they are.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
Member # 205

Which is why the poor man spent all of his last years trying to improve it and reach the unattainable goal of feeling confident of its worth and having faith in the "eyes of the beholders".
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

He probably talked to himself in that Gollum voice by the end....

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um... I liked Resurrection better than 3. At least the supporting characters were actually memorable.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seriously, dude. Are there anti-taste neutrons in the Tennessee water?
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alien 3 is my personal favourite.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although Lee has gone to the other extreme.

Still, Alien 3 had an anticlimatic ending? The one where the heroine killed herself? Buh?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Nim
Member # 205

Well there was that lead-boil sprinkler thingy, then the corporation steps in and she just oh, ok, I give up, I'll just hop over here then.
And considering Kain, I wonder how she managed to keep that smile as the baby-queen tore through her ribcage, it must've hurt at least a bit.

Maybe I was just so depressed, there was that recording machine playing the Nostromo-message on the garbage heap and then they shut everything down.

I felt like taking a long cold shower with my clothes on and listen to "Adagio for strings". *snort*

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I once had sex while the William Orbit dance version played in the background, that's sort of similar. 8)

No, I know no-one else understands it, but for some reason of all the films Alien 3 struck a chord with me. Partly because I first saw it at about 5 in the morning at the end of a video marathon, and the weird lighting on that planet worked really well with dawn creeping in through the curtains.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the record, I believe you'll find that I didn't say I liked Alien Resurrection. I just liked it better than 3. This says nothing at all. [Smile]

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps