Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Dorsai!

Author Topic: Dorsai!
WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just curious, has there been any attempt by the Usefull Idiots at the studios to acquire rights to Gordon Dicksons' Dorsai novels?

Second, How does the Sci-Fi Continuum feel about the series? High points? Low points. Abaddon's points? [Big Grin]

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

Hunter
Member # 611

- posted      Profile for Hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not as far as I can tell. Tri-star apparently had the rights to the Hoka series and were going to develop a movie based on that, but a change in managment saw it fall thorugh.

Most of the Childe Cycle book are good, Tactics of Mistake, Dosai!, Soldier ask not and The Final Encyelopidea but there are some problems with some of the others Necromancer for instance.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know what you are talking about but I thought you were talking about the Darsay Archives from the TNG episode "Masks" for a moment! [Smile]

And hey - I LIKE that episode. Very good stuff.

Hunter
Member # 611

- posted      Profile for Hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Dorsai are a "Race" of Ultra Elite Mercenaries in a series of books collectively know as the Childe Cycle. The premise is that after ftl travel is perfected humanity fragments into specilized races: The Dorsai are fighters, The Exotics are Phillosphers and Thinkers and the Friendlies are Evanaglists. They then have children, called Others, who show some of skills of both parents. The story eventually become one based on the difference between the phillophies of the Others and the Hero Donald Graeme/Hal Mayne over the proper destiny of Humans, Grow spirtual or return to Earth.
WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Most of the Childe Cycle book are good, Tactics of Mistake, Dosai!, Soldier ask not and The Final Encyelopidea but there are some problems with some of the others Necromancer for instance
I agree. I wasn't fond of that book nor the Amanda short stories. But I felt that, especially "Dorsai!" would have made for a great character development/sci-fi movie. But with typical Stu(DIO)pidity, they probably let Verhoevan ruin it just like he did "Starship Troopers". I really wanted to see the suits!

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps