Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Who Became What? (Transformers Movie) (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Who Became What? (Transformers Movie)
SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Huh. I sure missed that one.
So Primcron is a kind of machine god?

Well, Primacron is an organic being, not a machine, but he's an extremely long-lived one, many millions of years old. He looks kind of like an alien simian.

Here's a pic of Primacron

By the way, "Call of the Primitives" has some of the most anime-looking animation I've seen in Transformers! A feast for the eyes!

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AHHHHHH!!!
He's a freakin' MONKEY!

That's like the Source in the Matrix movies being a Commodore 64.

And the animation style looks like the Thundercats brand of mixing swirly colors on a costume.

Got a screencap of anything else from that episode?

Where do the Quintisons come in if Chim-Chim created the Matrix and Unicron?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's someone's take on things:
http://www.transfandom.net/matrix/display/story.php?story_id=137

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a page that has a synopsis and some pics from the episode. I disagree with some of his points and he even gets some names wrong, for instance the storm entity should be named Tornadron, not Torkutron as he has it. (It's like an energy tornado, hence the name.)

Anyhoo, the page does have some interesting screen caps:

http://www.firsttvdrama.com/show1/largcast/trans2.php3

--------------------
Stephen L.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

So the episode's so vague that anyone can draw a diffrent conclusion.
And it throws previous continuity out the airlock.
And it means more than one Matrix.
And it makes the creator of the transformers a monkey.

A

Monkey.

Somehow I dont think I missed anything by not seeing this episode.

And just when I was going to remark on how Transformers was better than Voyager too.
Curses.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

SoundEffect
Member # 926

Say what you will, but in my opinion it's one of my all-time favorite episodes of the transformers.

There's not two Matrixes (matrices??). What he interpreted as being a second matrix is simply THE Matrix shown floating out of Primacron's destroyed laboratory while Primacron's Assistant is heard narrating the events we are seeing. It's not the Assistant looking like the Matrix and travelling somewhere. It'll be clearer when you actually see the episode in the next DVD box set.

This guy's review was obviously written a decade after he had last seen the show, or there wouldn't have been such a blatant error of the energy being's name.

I've seen the episode fairly regularly over the past 15 years.

It doesn't throw previous continuity out the airlock, it enriches the story during the early years. Primacron built some of the primitive robots. The actual Transformers were created much later by the Quintessons.

What's wrong with Primacron being a simian? It shows he's more primitive than organics are now. Our own ancestry (primitives) are more simian as well. I'd say that's adding to the believability of the continuity, not detracting from it.

--------------------
Stephen L.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Primacron being Simian is only annoying in that he's supped to be some super genius and the costume is very Thundercats looking.
He looks like a thundercats mutant so I'm disapointed.
If he looked cool like a Kaminoloid or those things from The Abyss I'd be more forgiving.

Anyway....can you explain a couple of things for me:

1.) I saw an excellent BeastWars episode where Unicron was being resurected at the end but I never saw the second part. What happened there?
What was that planet? earth of the extremely distant future?
2.) In yet another BW two parter that I only caught part of, Megatron was somehow transported back in time to The arc when Prime and the gang were inactive and was going to blow Prime away.
Mised everything after that though.
3.) What happened at the end of Beast Machines?
I missed the entire last season (crummy employment: making me miss cartoons!)

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That wasn't really Unicron. It was just the recurring mysterious aliens (later known to be called the Vok) taking a form familiar to Transformers.

Megatron (the Beast Wars Megatron, not G1 Megatron) blasted Prime in "The Agenda, Part III." The Maximals managed to repair Prime's body while Primal held Prime's spark (mutating him into "Optimal Optimus.")

Beast Machines ended with Primal and Megatron getting thrown deep into the core of Cybertron, thus reformatting the entire planet.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[spoilers]

To recap everyone on Beast Wars, the whole thing involved a bunch of Maximals and Predacons (ne Autobots and Decepticons) using transwarp technology to travel to Earth of the past, around two million years into the time the G1 gang was stuck under that volcano in the Ark. BW Megatron told his crew that he was there to collect energon from a planet, but he was really there to exterminate the human race as they were just evolving, using the "Golden Disk" (actually the disk on a Voyager space probe) to determine where the first tribes would appear.

When that didn't work out, BW Megatron fell back to a plan that G1 Megs wanted his followers to do should he have failed in the G1 series - for them to use the Golden Disk and the then-experimental transwarp technology to come back and kill the dormant Autobots, thus allowing the Decepticons to awake in 1985 and freely conquer the world. BW Megs took it a step upward, as it was the humans who helped the Autobots a whole lot more in the big picture. Anyway, that didn't work either.

Following the Beast Wars finale (a great story involving BW Megs resurrecting the G1 Decepticon ship to destroy the Ark, and in which BW Megs had been similarly mutated by G1 Megs' spark), the survivors took an Autobot shuttle and transwarped their way back to their present, about 300 years after G1, There, they find a Cybertron where an escaped BW Megatron had taken over and disappeared the population. Thus begins Beast Machines...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched some early episodes of "The Transformers" today and discovered that they show at least eight of the Starscream/Thundercracker/Skywarp style of jets. So, perhaps the problems in the movie weren't really problems, after all.

"...mutating him into 'Optimal Optimus.'"

Okay, that's even worse than "Rodimus Prime". Seriously.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by Krenim:

Beast Machines ended with Primal and Megatron getting thrown deep into the core of Cybertron, thus reformatting the entire planet.

So Agent Smith and Neo fight it out, thus reformatting the entire matrix....

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps