Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Big O Season 2 Finale ($$$) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Big O Season 2 Finale ($$$)
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey! I like the theme song! That's the whole reason I started watching The Big O.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll give it a try, I may have to start watching the TV again, damn you people....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Siegfried:
Hey! I like the theme song! That's the whole reason I started watching The Big O.

Too "Flash Gorson" for me.
You guys see the first episode?

Catch the cool little flash ofc a generator when Roger realizes Dorothy is an android?
I love that touch.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked the Flash Gordon theme song, too.

The first episode I had to watch on my laptop because my roommate decided to be a dick about letting me watch the episode. We'll see if I get to see Act 02 tonight.

Anyway, good episode although it did puzzle me some. I thought Dastun and Roger were friends? They sure didn't act very friendly to each other in the episode. Also, I thought Dastun knew that Roger was the Dominus of Big O? He didn't make any sort of connection between Roger and the appearance of the Megadeus. One further thing, does Dorothy really weigh that much? In a couple episodes of season two, she was picked up like she didn't weigh any more than she looked.

I laughed when Dorothy says "You're a louse, Roger Smith." She says the exact same thing in the season two finale.

And, damn, that's a cool car.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daustin seems to catch on about the Roger/Megadeus connection mid-season without the obligatory shock and suprise.
Yes Roger and Daustin are freinds: you'll se more on it later in the season.
Daustin was just pissed that Roger had left the police out of the deal...he's not too keen on Roger's "negotiating".
Roger used to be Daustin's Leutanant in the military police sometime prior to the first episode he left: it's unclear when and why he started pilioting Big O.
Roger's piloting skills are brought up later, as is Norman's ability to repair/ maintain Big O.

Dorothy is indeed heavy.
Watch tonight's episode to see her inhuman strength put to use.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

You guys been watching the season one episodes?
They just played Mr. Smith's first fight versus Big Duo and Schwartzwald....
And an intresting scene with Dorothy investigating Angel.

Your thoughts?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

I'm a bit surprised that these first season episodes were originally shown during the Toonami block. I'm guessing that they were edited a lot. I can't imagine them showing all those people wearing those fiery masks during a time when little kiddies would be watching.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying what I've seen so far. Unfortunately, I've missed acts 7 through 10. I'll have to catch them on the next run-through. It's really interesting watching the interplay between Roger and Dorothy and Roger and Dastun. They act a bit differently towards each other than they did in season two. Still, very much fun indeed.

Also, that fight scene between Big O and Big Duo was very cool. I can't decide if it's better than the Big O/Big Duo fight in the last acts of season two, but this one was definitely the best fight scene of season one.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

They showed the "fiery masks" bit but not the victims diving out of the highrise's windows to their deaths.

Notice that Schwartzwald makes his exit from the highrise via one of those "instagrow" creeper vines that made up the christmas tree from hell?
Was the old man that gave the Sax plyer Schwartzwald?

Or did you miss the "Founder's Day" episode?

Did you see "Missing Cat"?
That's the really disturbing episode from season one.

[ November 28, 2003, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: Jason Abbadon ]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

I missed the missing cat episode, but I did see the episode "Daemonseed." I don't think that it was Schwartzvald who gave the seed to Oliver (the sax player). He looked an awful lot like Gordon Rosewater, actually, but he was just a cranky mad scientist type introduced for the episode.

I had noticed that Schwartzvald made his entrance to and exit from the highrise party on a vine, but I hadn't connected that it was the vine from the Christmas tree monster from the previous episode. That's a nice bit of continuity there.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Man! You have to see the Missing Cat episode.
They had to completely skip that episode on Toonami the first time around!
You get to see Norman get to use a Very large gun in that episode as the penthouse is attacked.

If you use Kazaa you can probably download the episodes you've missed.

Monday's episode is (probably) Season One's finalle: R.D.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

It wasn't my idea to miss those episodes. My roommate deemed it more important to watch whatever was on MTV at the time while doing his homework then it was for me to have the TV for half an hour.

I'll see if I can procure the episode in question. If not, I'll wait for Adult Swim to cycle back through the series. I'm assuming they will since they cycled through the six-episode FLCL about ten times earlier this fall.

--------------------

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

Having just watched "The Greatest Villian" last night, I have to ask: is it common for anime to make fun of the Japanese by using caricatures to represent them? I mean, the Japanese technology workers in last night's episode were all severely slanty-eyed, buck-toothed, camera-toting stereotypes. I noticed this in a couple other shows, too. Just wondering for the reasoning behind it because it's the Japanese who originally produce these shows.

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps